Chosen Character

CHOSEN CHARACTER X READER:
And The Reason is You
_______________________
A/N: quite self-explanatory, i feel. simply pick a male character and visualise it as them as you progress through the story. i haven't seen this around before (am i allowed to take credit?) so if you aren't sure how to do it, there you go.

trust me, play the video while reading. go on. press play. right now.

» » »

He stares out his bedroom window with a confused look on his face. Music is blasting from the speakers on his desk and he isn't sure what he is doing. All he knows is that his thoughts keep drifting back to you.

I've found a reason for me,
to change who I used to be.
A reason to start over new,
and the reason is you.

The thing he loves about music and songs is that every person interprets the meaning behind the lyrics differently. They hear a story through someone else's voice and in their mind they make the story their own.

It's magic.

This particular song made him think of you.

You...

The girl who confessed her love for him and got rejected yesterday.

I'm sorry that I hurt you,
it's something I must live with everyday.
And all the pain I put you through,
I wish that I could take it all away,
and be the one who catches all your tears.
That's why I need you to hear,

His heart races and he runs his hand through his tousled hair.

The truth is that this damaged boy is terrified of loving you then losing you. Firstly, he is scared of loving, in fact he is scared of the concept of love. Love is a word he is unfamiliar with. Two things about it terrify him;
it terrifies him to think he is under the spell. The spell which he puts all of his trust and hope and gives everything into one person. You. The other thing is the undeniable possibility that if he screws up... He would lose you. Loss. This was something he is unhealthily familiar with. He knows that he would be incapable of loving anyone again if he lost you.

I've found a reason for me,
to change who I used to be.
A reason to start over new,
and the reason is you.

and the reason is you~.

He stands up and smashes his clenched fist into the mirror in front of him. It shatters before him and down falls the broken pieces. He can see his reflection in each small fragment. That's what his heart feels like.

It fits the situation perfectly.

The door to his bedroom slowly opens and in walks one of his best friends. The boy leans against the doorframe and watches as his friend's fit of rage comes to an end.
"Man, I know you love Y/N, but you don't need to take your anger out on objects." His friend shakes his head.

"Who said I love Y/N?"

"You don't have to say it. The whole team sees the way you look at her. The way you watch her move. When she smiles you automatically smile too, like you are one person. Don't act like you don't love her. Tell me how you would honestly feel if you looked out the window right now and saw her with another man?"

The love of your life's face is almost tinted red with pure and raw anger as he pictures the disgusting scenario in his head.

No.