Aomine Daiki

AOMINE X READER:
I Never Gave Up On Us
_______________________

"Are you there?" You whisper into the phone as you try to keep your composure.

Pause. "Yeah." he finally responds.

"Say something, please."

"Say what?" he replies.

"Anything. That you miss me. That you miss me as much as I miss you."

He inhales a quiet, shaky breath of air.

"Of course. Of course I miss you. I miss you so much that it hurts me everyday."

That's all you need to hear.

"Why do things have to be like this?" you weakly ask.

"We didn't work out." he responds.

"Why?"

"We weren't good for each other... It wasn't healthy, Y/N."

"We can become good for each other. We can work on us." you plead. "I need you." you whimper.

He takes another deep breath. His heart is breaking from listening to your voice cracking.

"I need you too. We're good how we are... As friends." he tries to make the situation better but it fails.

A week ago Aomine broke things after a huge fight broke out between you two. When you and your boyfriend clash, meaningless, painful words are shared and tears always fall. Though the fight was over something ridiculous, it was painful enough for Aomine to decide to break up with you. You're confused about why but one thing is certain. You love him, need him and terribly miss him.

"Friends?" you almost want to laugh through your tears.

"Friends."

"Do you know how much it hurts to hear that?" you ask with your hand clutching your aching chest. Tears stream down your face uncontrollably.

"I imagine almost as much as it hurts to say it." he retorts.

"Give us another try." you plead.

"I want to."

"There is nothing stopping you."

"It scares me." he whispers.

"What does?" you push. You want him to be honest and truthful and share his damn feelings for the first time in his life.

"Losing you again. Hurting you again."

You finally understand. Aomine broke up with you because he momentarily believed that you are better off without him. He thought that by breaking up with you at the time, he would save you years more of pain. What he doesn't understand though, is that you love him unconditionally. You don't plan on spending a few more years with him. You planned on spending the rest of your life with him and if his reckless actions continue, the relationship is going to need a lot more work. And you are willing to do it because he is the love of your life and he makes you happy. No matter if you fight, cry and scream at each other occasionally. He's your entire world and he is an idiot for thinking otherwise.

"You won't. I believe in us."

"Are you sure you want to try again?" hope is laced in his voice.

"I love you. I always have and I always will. That's all we need to keep going. I never gave up on us."

"I never gave up on us either." he repeats what you said.

A/N:

merry christmas! so much love,

- lav.