Aomine Daiki

DARK! AOMINE X READER:
Ray
_________________________

"Get away from me." he says, anger dripping from every word.

"Daik-"

"Why can't you ever listen to me!?" he shouts, completely interrupting you.

"Because I want to help you." you respond lovingly. He shakes his head in disbelief.

"Why would someone like you want to be with someone like me, Ray?" he darkly chuckles. You remain silent, knowing he has much more to say. "You're perfect, and I'm a piece of shit."

Aomine has called you by the nickname 'Ray' since you first met each other. He walked up to you and said hi, to which you replied with a big grin and an excited hello. The young boy said you are a ray of sunshine and the name stuck. A mutual friend introduced you in junior high, and you reunited at Tōō Academy. You instantly grew close once again, but the closeness grew in more ways than one.

"You're not." you contradict his previous statement about him being a piece of shit.

He ignores you.

"I am. I'm nothing but rude to you and you don't deserve it. Why the fuck are you still sticking around?" he buries his face in his hands. He's in so much pain. "I've hurt you so many times, and we aren't even together."

"Daiki, please. Don't say stupid things like that to me." you run your hand along your under eye to get rid of the tears.

"You think the truth is stupid?" he asks. "Then, it's pretty stupid that I'm in love with you, isn't it?"

Your eyes widen.

"It's pretty stupid that I hate loving you, too. I hate the aching feeling in the pit of my stomach when I see you talking to other guys. It's stupid that I would rather stab myself in the neck than be without you for twenty four hours. I hate it, Y/N." his words slice through you. His tall, muscular frame towers over you. Aomine has sweat dripping down his neck from basketball practice and his angry gaze breaks into you.

You're lost for words.

"Say something." he demands.

"I hate it, too."

Aomine had never heard you say the word 'hate' before. You're different from other girls in that way. You love the world for all it's beauty, mystery and wonder. You never stop to absorb the bad and the evil, to you, it's all about happiness and love. It's why he loves you.

"I hate that we're not together and you hurt me anyway. I hate that you lie to me, deceive me and ignore me because you think I don't care about you. I hate that you spiral into depression when we're apart more than twenty four hours. I hate that you call me with pain and despair in your voice at midnight begging me to replace the empty space in your bed sheets. I wish I could, and I hate that you don't understand that."

"I'm sorry." he murmurs. The seriousness of the situation finally strikes Aomine. He's finally seeing how much he's hurt you as tears roll down your cheeks.

"I'm sorry, too. We're too toxic for each other." you conclude. This conversation needs to be over before you completely break down in front of him.

"What are you saying?" he looks up from the ground to meet your eyes.

"We shouldn't be around each other, anymore." you say softly. "You don't care about me. If you did, you would have stopped doing things that hurt me a long time ago." you're setting the truth free.

He shakes his head.

"I care," his voice trembles. "I care so much that I have no idea how to show it. I don't know how to say it out loud because no matter what words I use, they seem inferior to the way I truly feel. So, I push you away. If there's distance... I know I won't hurt you. But then there's the inevitable pain I feel when you aren't around and I can't decide what's worse." he pauses, allowing the familar pain to sink like an anchor in his stomach. "You're my light, and I'm your darkness." Aomine says.

This is heavy on your already emotional state.

"You can't just... Just throw this at me, Daiki. You-You... My brain can't comprehend..." you ramble in confusion.

"What's the first thing that came to your mind after I said all that?" Aomine asks weakly.

"You can't have a rainbow without darkness from overshadowing clouds." you say, but he clearly disagrees. "And do you know what comes after the rainbow?"

He shakes his head left to right, signalling he doesn't know.

"Rays of sunshine."

A/N:

no real end to this story! you can decide whether you take back aominecchi or not. x

🤰🏼 update:

i know lots of you ask, so i'll just pop a small section chatting about it here.

everything is perfect! he/she is completely healthy and is growing at the right rate, same as acacia when she was in my belly.

being pregnant brings me so much joy and spending all of the time with my man is even more special.

as many of you may know, jords & i broke up throughout my pregnancy with acacia so this is his first experience with a very hormonal lavender.

hope i'm not killing you, babe 😚

jords, saskia & i have already made multiple trips to baby stores and i'm still in my first trimester, oh my. when we're shopping we somehow always end up purchasing for both acacia & our future lil sweet. wow, our bubba is, and our next bubba will be, SO SO SPOILT!

thank you for reading my dears! vote, comment, etc.

love,
lav scott.

XOXO