Why

Jup Zex POV

"N-No it c-can't be," I took a few steps back from the human. "It can't be you I-I," astonished I fell on my knees and looked up at her. She took a few steps forward and kneeled down in front of me then took off her helmet. It's the familiar (e/c) eyes and the (h/l) (h/c) hair and smooth (s/c). But this time she has a scar going down from under her left eye to her chin but still nonetheless she is smiling. "(Y-Y/n).

(Y/n) nods her head smiling and pulled me into a hug, "it's great to see you again Zex." Her voice cracked when she said my name but I could care less. "I missed you all so much. You guys were the only ones to help keep me going and to get back to you." I heard the change in her voice as I assumed she started crying but I still pulled her back just to confirm it.

"H-hey didn't I-I teach you not t-to be soft," I said trying to be tough but I felt my ow tears roll down and my voice betrayed me.

"You're crying to you idiot," she laughed but more tears had fell down from her eyes.

"I know!" I yelled feeling my leash break and bring her into a hug again while crying harder. "I was s-scared when those human b-bastards took you away," I didn't care if my reputation would be ruined since the other kig-yar was watching us have our moment. Doesn't he know anything about personal space?

"I'm so sorry about scaring you and making me worried for all those years. I wanted to run back to you as soon as I could but," she pulled away looking me right in my eyes, "if I go back now the prophets will call me a traitor." I could see the fear in her eyes as she said that, "b-but if I become the thing the Covenant fear and show my loyalty to the prophets then I can be the prophet's weapon." She smiles at the idea but I personally hated it.

I shook my head no and pulled us both up, "no you are going to come with me right now. You are plenty strong right now and I'm not going to have you leave my sight again."

"No I can't go with you now!" She pulled out of my grip leaving me stunned, "I need to prove my worth and right now I believe this is what the prophets would want of me. To become the strongest demon in the human army then crush them in the name of the Covenant!"

"To hell with the Covenant!" When I screamed that the ship started to shake and we was tossed from one side of the wall to the other. Shortly after the ship started to tilt downwards so we fell down the hall until our backs crashed into the wall. I groaned and look over at her to see she looked at me then smashed a keypad and fell through the door that I failed to notice. I looked over to see a dark hallway with flashing red lights.

(Y/n) POV

I grabbed onto the closest wall which led to a hallway and climbed into it. I covered my mouth to prevent and sounds from coming out as I cried. I would have continued if the ship didn't start shaking even more so I got up and ran for the closest escape pods.

Time Skip + another skit

Younger (Y/n) found Zex's beam rifle and is trying to hold onto it without tipping over. But sadly it was unbalance so she fell onto her back and accidentally fired at a wall. "Oops I hope Zex won't get mad at me," unfortunately he came in as soon as she said that and saw the plasma burn on the wall and she holding the beam rifle.

"Hey what are ya doin with that," he said lazily like he doesn't care about her holding his weapon. "Also that is a bit too big for ya to hold on yet," he took it and put it on his shoulder.

"But it looks cool," she wined while looking down.

He chuckled, "is it as cool as me?" He smirked and lifted his head up.

"Nope the weapon is cooler," she smiled and laughed when his shoulders slumped.

(😋)

I made it to the escape pods and saw a Spartan in the hallway that just threw a marine in. He had turned around and extended his weapon when he heard my footsteps but lowered it when he saw me. I ignored him and just jumped right in and sat down next to a marine out of breath. "Hey," the marine across from me snapped his fingers trying to gain my attention, "I thought ODSTs were sent to get in drop pods so why are you here?"

I growled and grabbed him by his chest plate, "mind your own god damn business." I threw him back but he was being ignorant.

"Ok then Ms. Toughgirl but where is your helmet and weapons and why have you been crying," he smirked and leaned closer, "did you watch a split lip slice through one of your squad members or those giant birds eat one of them." I looked down making it seem like I gave up, "what's wrong did I break-" just for me to punch him in the jaw that made him bite off a part of his jaw. "Ou bish how 'are ou," he was going to get up but a marine pushed him down. And if it wasn't for the spartan being here I would have broken all his bones.

"Enough we don't have the weapons or energy to fight amongst each other," the Spartan said while moving up to the window. He turned towards me and grunted then went back to the window. I rolled my eyes but stopped when the pod started to shake violently. I look out of the window to see plasma being fired at us but I also saw a giant ring out there. I was going to question them about why we are here but knowing them they are idiots and would try to make fun of me about my ignorance so I ignored them.

Another hit had shook the pod even more making it shake more with us inside it. Though I don't know how the hell the Spartan isn't getting thrown around since he is standing up but I chose not to question it. The pod had made it into the structure's atmosphere and was coming down fast and hot and I was worried that we wouldn't survive the impact. But seeing the white landscape passing underneath us and getting closer, I unstrap myself and lunge towards the Spartan to protect my head and cushion my landing.

And here is another chapter for you guys and sorry if it's short I'm planning on making the next one longer