Hello Again

3 years later

No one's POV

The ship's alarms were going off sounding red waking everybody up from their slumber except for a tall (h/l) (h/c) girl sitting on the side of her bed thinking. When she heard the alarms she stood up and waited for her team to scramble out of bed and run to the door with only their military clothes on and a grunt waiting by the (h/c) girl. (Y/n) pushed Flip out towards the door and followed out after the team heading for the armory to fit into their own personalized ODST armor. Over the years since she joined with the team, Halsey has allowed her to go on missions with the team and gain higher rank and slowly gain the doctor's trust. As (Y/n) is getting closer to becoming a Spartan she is even closer to being reunited with the Covenant again.

(Y/n) POV

I was the last one to get into the armory after making sure my teammates were not left behind and getting pushed by other ODST members. I stifled a growl but ran to my locker and put on my ODST armor. It was primarily black with (favorite color) and (second favorite color) along the stripes of it. But I decided to add more designs on it by drawing a Sangheili skull on the shoulder pad. The others were finished equipping their armor and weapons while I grab my weapons and ran in front of my team discussing with each other about how their first fight against the Covenant will go.

"I heard that those jackals will eat someone after they kill them," Natalia shivered at the thought.

"That's scary but not as scary as a brute. They like to torture and eat their enemies and sometimes each other!" Elijah said whisper shouting then turned to me if it was true to which I nodded. You could see the color from her face had went pure white from my answer. It would have disturbed me too if I never woke up hearing unggoys scream in pain followed by the hideous laughter of the Jiralhanae. "Why would they do that to everybody? Don't they feel remorse?"

"No they enjoy hearing the enemy scream in pain. To them, torture is like 3rd nature followed by eating and fighting. Which was why they are part of the Covenant," I answered angrily expressing my hatred towards the Jiralhanae. They are nothing more than savage, giant apes that feed on the suffering of the soul. "Those apes only being dishonor to the Covenant and need to be eradicated like the locusts they are." I didn't realize I had said it out loud until I saw Elijah's expression and I pray she won't become suspicious of me.

Time Skip followed by another skit

The screaming had continued again signaling the Jiralhanae had captured another helpless victim. I whimpered hearing the noise and tried to cover up my ears to no avail. The screams increased for a moment then decreased as I could hear some footsteps come closer. I scooted farther away until I looked up to see Utan's familiar armor set. His face was emotionless but his eyes expressed pity for me hearing the torture. I didn't expect for him to try and cheer me up by saying it's ok or rubbing my back but I felt more secure seeing him fully armored with a straight pose in case something might try to run in here just to be met by the bulking figure of Utan. I smiled seeing him like this and slowly close by eyes. Before they went completely closed I saw him nod his head half and inch.

(Sorry about it being shorter than the last one)

Our orders were to help the marines in the hangar slow down the Covenant assault on the ship long enough for the engineers and the workers to board the escape pods. We formed a salute then went to the hangars which is slowly being overrun until The ODSTs came. Everybody started charging into the fray while I hid behind the wall holding onto my pistol shaking. I couldn't kill any of them since they are like my first family and has kept me alive. But I also can't just run to their side and betray the humans, yet. I knew the others would start getting even more suspicious if I don't help them soon but at this point I don't care and just threw down my gun.

"They are starting to break through our defenses! Push them back!" Someone had yelled followed by a scream of pain. I looked around the corner just to be tackled to the ground by a Kig-Yar snapping its jaws at me. I grabbed its jaws and held them wide to prevent from biting me but couldn't do anything when it's nails dug deep into my arm trying to make me release him. I placed both of my feet on his stomach and kicked him towards the wall giving me some breathing room while he slammed into the wall creating cracks. Within seconds he tried to pounce on me again but I anticipated his movements and ducked but wrap my arms around his neck and pulled him down. He would have attempted to break out of my grip but I sat on his back and started tightening my grip making him lose more air.

When his movements started to get more erratic I yelled and spoke in Sangheili, "enough kig-yar or else I'll snap your neck." He heard my order and stopped then tried to turn his head to look at me.

"How do you know those giant lizards language?" He grunted saying in his language but I understood him.

"Because I-" I was cut off by three more kig-yars slamming into me throwing me off the original one. I only had enough time to hiss in pain before the others climbed on top of me and started scratching and biting me wherever they could.

Jup Zex POV

I sniped another one of those black armored humans then sprinted to a new position knowing they would target that one. And as expected they were lighting my previous spot up. "Stupid humans doing the same thing all the time." I heard another one of my squad members snicker then poke his head out just to get shot in the head. I sigh and shake my head disappointed. It's like all of the good snipers are dead or missing! And now I'm left with the idiots who can't tell the difference between a plasma pistol and a beam rifle. But back to the matter at hand, the humans are now shooting at this barricade that I'm hiding behind scared that I might poke my head out and claim another skull. So instead I grabbed the dead member and threw him in the opening waiting for the bullets to change direction so I can run behind them with the others. Then again they were using me as cover fire while they snuck off ahead but none of them are shooting at these humans. Looks like I'll have to take charge again.

When the bullets went towards the already dead kig-yar, I sprinted through an opening just to find my other members are getting their ass handed to them by another black armored human. But the stranger part is that it's not using any weapons only it's fist and only knocking them away.

One of the squad members jumped on its back while the other circled around waiting for an opening. I expected, like normal, for it to reach behind its back and yank the one off and it did but it only touched his shoulder triggering the one circling to pounce. It quickly turned around resorting to a crash between the kig-yars and for them to fall down. I could hear the third one run straight for it and I guess it heard it too because it turned towards the running and kicked the third one in their stomach making him puke out blood.

"Geez author will you at least give me a gender I'm tired of calling it it since it's kicking my crew members' asses." (*sighs* fine but you're fixing that wall after I do) "Finally but before you do," he poked his head through and jumped on my back, "I want to see you all comment how much of a bad ass that I am!" (*pushes him back into the book*) "Not until I have people say how awesome I am!" (Will you just watch the fight -_-) "No it's nothing special except for the reader trying to get on my bad ass level." (*facepalms and turns him to the fight*)

She was standing over three out of four knocked out kig-yar bodies while breathing heavily. She had yet to notice me yet and was staring down the last member who was taking a few steps back. I thought this was the best time for my fabulousness to show so I stepped right in front of her clapping, "bravo human you really gave them a much needed beating." I saw her stiffen up as soon as she saw me and smirked, "but I have to get you out of the way for us to proceed."

She lowered her head and started.... laughing? She bent over and held onto her stomach probably from laughing too much which insulted me. Before I had the chance to say something she held out a finger then straightened up. The next words she spoke caught me off guard not only because she spoke in Sangheili but she also said my name, "Oh Zex you're still as cocky as I remember you."

Here is a bonus chapter before my exams hope y'all enjoyed it 🤗