Preparation

No one's POV

It's been 5 years since (Y/N) was adopted by Xiha'Tanam and during that time he was able to study her movements and behavior more. She grew up, what humans would say, a healthy child so far and more than anything, curious. Right now she is talking with one of the Kig-yar named Jup Zex. After her father figure had taught her basic language about Sangheili words she requested to learn more of the other species. Seeing how (Y/N)'s curiosity would help her more he said yes. And at this point she is talking with Jup Zex about why he is in this battle.

"We were paid a great amount of money and threatened to fight with the Sangheili in this war," Jup Zex casually said as he laid down on the chair across from (Y/N).

"Why would you need to have money to fight with Daddy," she asked scared but also not understanding the reason.

"Look child nothing in this universe is free or easy to obtain which is why I was a pirate for awhile," he smirks knowing it would catch the child's eye.

"What's a pirate," (Y/N) tilted her head confused.

He looked at you in disbelief but realized that you were still young and your father held things back on you. "They are the greatest group of Kig-yar that defies all rules of the Galaxy for their own sakes." You looked at him with amazement, "and your looking at one of them."

(Y/N) stood up and climbed over the table, "so you were cool when you was a pirate?" She asked while Jup Zex took insult to that.

"Were?! I still am cool!" He barked in anger and embarrassment.

She shook her head, "you said pirates are cool and your not a pirate anymore so you're not cool," she smiled.

He growled and started mumbling some words that she couldn't hear which was a good thing. Her father then came into the room to pick up (Y/N) so she waved goodbye.

"Bye Jup Zex maybe you can be cool someday again," the door closed before he could retaliate.

Xiha'Tanam watched as she waved goodbye to the Kig-yar and skipped down the walkway. He was very curious on what made her mood brighten up so he asked, "what has made you so happy young one?"

(Y/N) responded, "I'm finally getting to learn from you! It's also my first step to becoming a warrior like Utan' Saman!" She jumped up and down a little from excitement. He chuckles and continues walking to his lab. Once he was there he opened the door and the little (Y/N) ran into the room and sat on a chair, "I'm ready!" Xiha'Tanam nodded and pulled up information on his portable device and started first with the history of the Sangheili.

Time Skip brought to you by innocent (Y/N) calling Jup Zex uncool

After the first day of lessons were over (Y/N) ran around the ship while Xiha wasn't looking to look for Utan. While she was running around a lot of the species on board were looking at her with distaste and hate since (Y/N) is a human. Some of the responses were, "What is a human doing here?" "I want to smash the little bug." "Can I eat it?" "Now I'm going to be forced to clean after it ;-;." But (Y/N) ignored the comments and skipped happily through looking for Utan.

It took awhile but she managed to find him in the training room with another tall Sangheili. He was about the same height as Utan but less muscles as he tried to make himself look intimidating. (Y/N) was confused on who this new arrival is so she carefully stepped closer to Utan without him or the other Sangheili noticing. After listening for awhile she had gently wrapped her small arms around Utan's leg gaining his attention to look down, "what are you doing here?" He spoke with a stern voice with no hatred or surprise in it.

"I wanted to look for you so you can teach me so I can become a great warrior like you," (Y/N) said a little shy in front of the visitor. On closer inspection, she noticed the visitor was wearing a zealot class armor meaning it was a great warrior too with a lot of power. (Y/N) gained up her courage and spoke a little louder and firm, "I want to learn to be a great warrior like the both of you."

The zealot walked towards (Y/N) and grabbed her by the neck, "and what makes you think you'll become a warrior like us? Even if you were to pass through the other Sangheili's judgement you would still be rank as a minor and nothing else."

Utan removed the Zealot's hand around her neck and sat her down, "perhaps you fail to see the importance she has in the future." The zealot looked at him confused and motioned for him to go on, "humans trust other humans but what if the human respects us."

With those words the Zealot widened his eyes and looked down at (Y/N) who was hugging Utan's leg while shaking. "Forgive my harsh words. It seems you will be one of our greatest to help in this war," he extends his hand out to (Y/N) waiting for her response.

"I forgive you but if I'm going to become a warrior I'll need training," she smiled and shook his hand. Once she let go she bowed her head down to show respect. The Zealot nodded towards Utan and he had picked (Y/N) up then went back to Xiha'Tanam.