Abscond | 3

Kristine couldn't hide the surprise she felt as his question. It was simple. Was there a catch?

"I'm, um, My name is, um.." She shifted uncomfortably in his fist. "Kris—"

The door opened as the noise of the squeaky motel door filled the room, drowning out the rest of what she was saying. She placed her hand on one of the fingers surrounding her and gripped it nervously. All she saw was a silhouette.

"Sam," The one holding her—Dean, she reminded herself again—said. "Find anything?"

"You mean did I find your pie? Yes, Dean." His gaze flitted over to the girl in his brother's grip. "Dean," Sam started slowly, closing the door and crossing the room to place the apple pie on the motel table. "That's not our witch."

Kristine shuddered as both pairs of eyes honed in on her. Did that mean they'd let her go? Or would they decide that she was a nuisance and dispose of her? She remained silent, biting back a whine of intimidation.

She shifted again in the hand. It was hot and uncomfortable now, not that it had really been comfortable in the first place. The grip was too tight and the hands too calloused for that.

She cried out as she was moved through the air. She squeezed her eyes shut, though they flew open as her feet touched solid ground. She felt the restraining fingers unfurl from around her waist, the ghost of their presence lingering. She craned her neck up to look at Dean and took several cautious steps back as the hand retreated.

Her back met the cool, green glass surface of the vase, though this time it was on the outside. She wasn't trapped. It didn't feel as good as it should have though; the glass had trapped her, but it also provided a layer—as insignificant as it seems—of protection.

"Chill, pint-size." The rumbling voice above her only made her tense up more. She watched as he lowered himself to be eye-level with her.

"Just tell me whatever you told Dean," Sam spoke in a softer tone, obviously knowing that it would calm her nerves a bit.

And she did. She gave a shaky recount of how she got there. The stealing. The Prince. Everything.

"So, Kris—"

"Kristine." She interrupted Dean hesitantly, afraid that the hawk-eyed man would get angry. She still didn't know these two that well; all she knew was that this one wasn't as gentle and his brother, from how they'd behave so far. He turned his green eyes to meet hers and she continued, almost nervously. "S-sorry... I-I can go by Kris, but, um, but.." Her voice gave out as he leaned closer. "My name is Kristine."

Her timid voice made the brothers share a glance.

"Kristine," Sam broke the silence. "You can relax. We're not going to hurt you."

She gave him a dubious look and wrapped her arms around herself, feeling the ache of bruises. They already had hurt her.

"You're lucky you're not a werewolf or a vamp," Dean added in his naturally gruff tone. "There's not really a chance for negation with those sons of bitches."

Kristine blinked a few times, waiting for either one of him to laugh at the joke. She knew that most people didn't know they were real. And maybe they weren't here, but he seemed so serious, no hint of anything even remotely close to a joking demeanor.

Then it dawned on her.

The drawn pistol. The immediate distrust. Trapping her under the vase. Questioning her. It all made sense.

They were hunters.

Now, back in Kristine's normal reality, hunters were brutal and merciless. She knew that hunters rarely showed sympathy for anything non-human. And she certainly didn't look human now.

She gripped her peasant clothing nervously. "You're hunters?" Her voice shook and she took in the details of the enormous threats. They were both wearing trousers made of a blue material and some kind of shirts and jackets, the former with a plaid pattern.
! I don't mm which is
Great. She was in some kind of different reality. That was all that made sense. She didn't recognize any of the technology either.

She was sent away from her home and to some strange world where she was trapped in a room with hunters.

"That's right," She snapped back to reality and her gaze immediately went to the source. Sam, she remembered, was looking at her, likely taking in her trembling form and her wide eyes. "You know about us?"

Kristine didn't respond, every scenario rushing through her head. They were just making small talk before they did their job. Getting information on what she was and then they'd find out how to kill her. It would be so easy. A flick of the wrist and they'd snap her neck. Their shortest blade could kill her easily. Hell, their gun would leave nothin more than a stain.

"No!" She cried out as an approaching finger startled her back into reality. She threw her arms up in front of her face and backpedaled with a choked sob. "Please-please don't kill me!" She pleaded, whimpering as a rough and calloused hand cupped behind her abs against her back and slid her forward on the wooden surface towards a hunter. "Please, I won't steal anything again, I was just hungry, please don't!"

She stiffened as she heard the hunter shifting to get closer. To her surprise, and terror, it wasn't Sam, the seemingly kinder of the two, kneeling to a mere foot away from her. Maybe even less than a foot. She lowered her head, slumping her shoulders in defeat. "Please at least make it quick."

Her quiet voice faded and she closed her hazel eyes. No sooner had they closed when something snaked it's way under her chin and caused them to fly open once more. He was going to snap her neck. That was it, it had to be.

But to her surprise, yet again, he lifted is finger—his index finger more specifically—and gently forced her to look at him.

"Kid, I didn't start hunting to kill some teen in my motel room," Dean told her, his voice uncharacteristically soft. "I don't think just being pint-sized is a good enough reason to kill you."

"Bu-but you're—"

"Hunters?" Sam gently interrupted. As she nodded, he continued. "We're not like that. We save people, hunt things. But we'll help you, and keep you safe."

She calmed down pretty rapidly after that and told them everything. They told her that they knew an angel, and that he could likely get her back home if she wanted to go back.

1125 Words!

Hey, sorry again that it's been so long.. Lots has been going on and I haven't been in the best spot to be productive..

Anyway, here it is.. I feel like it's rushed but I spent longer than I usually do and I just wanted to finish sorry...

Oh! Thanks for all the views~ it really means a lot; I never saw this many people enjoying my funky chapters haha...

Um, I also have a mini-favor thing maybe.. I was thinking about like a new cover and I know other authors have done like a contest but like.. I'm broke and can't offer anything so.. I'd appreciate one but y'all totally don't have to do anything haha~

Thanks for reading and for the patience.. I have a lot going on this summer so requests might take a long time and I feel bad but I have summer assignments for IB

~Em~