Manipulation | 2

The next few years were dull for Thea, and she grew more and more complacent with her life. She'd essentially given up on freedom, instead just trying to survive.

Despite everything, she didn't want to die. Not anymore.

It had started with training. Simon instructed her on everything to do. Everything to be.

Don't speak unless he wanted her to.

Don't move after someone positions her.

Stay still while she styles her hair.

Don't struggle while he changes her. While he cleans her.

Be the perfect doll for him. For clients that payed him to play with her for hours at a time. She learned to just let it happen, to fall limp and ignore the feeling of the large fingers of strangers on her body.

She got used to rough clients that held her too tightly. At least Simon would treat her wounds.

He cared about her. He took care of her. He was gentle.

Thea loved him. And he obviously loved her. Why else would he have picked her of all people? She was so lucky, wasn't she, that he found her beautiful?

And now he had placed her into a doll chair and told her softly to make sure he could get to all of her hair. He ran a brush through it, being gentle on her sensitive scalp as he made it sleek and beautiful. Getting the tangles out.

"My dear Thea." He was murmuring, lifting her into his palm. She was used to it now, and as he trailed his thumb along her arm comfortingly, she shivered. "I want give you a few days to rest, darling. You've been such a good girl."

He stroked her cheek and she leaned into it, craving that gentleness after such a rough customer. She knew she'd have bruises and that was why he was giving her time to recover.

Giving her time in her glass display case.

He put her back into the chair and gathered her hair behind her. It was longer by now, still just as curly and rich brown as it had been when she first got here. It looked healthy, thanks to Simon.

She shivered again as he began to play with her hair. Thea knew that he did that when he was thinking. She'd learned that after the first year.

How long ago was that?

She shook the thought and simply let him continue, feeling her hair being twisted into an elegant braid. It was a bit tight, but if that's what he wanted, she wouldn't complain.

"Thea, darling." He picked her up again, admiring her with a small smile. He shifted her until she was on her back, resting a thumb across her middle and trapping her arms there as well. Like a heavy, flesh seatbelt. "I have a request from our next client, so just know that you will be fine, okay?"

Thea didn't respond. She knew he didn't really want her to. That didn't stop her heart from skipping a beat as she saw him retrieve something from his pocket. It was a pink, silken object and she felt his grip around her tighten a bit as he brought it closer.

She squeezed her eyes shut, listening to his murmur to not move as she felt the silk on her throat. And then it tightened and she could barely breathe as he tied it there. So she could get used to it.

But he pulled away and smiled and she dealt with it because that's what he wanted.

"Beautiful..." He breathed, warm air washing over her. She felt vibration pass through her as he walked her to her display case. He placed her inside and clicked her restraints onto her limbs.