Giant!Danny x Tiny!Inu!Reader - Spoofy

An "Inu" is a dog-human hybrid in this case... just for reference lol...

I sat in my giant glass enclosure, ignoring the sounds of the customers walking around. No one had ever wanted me, so I stopped worrying about one of the giants adopting me. That is, until a shadow fell over me, blocking out the artificial light.

His brown eyes scanned my form, frowning, which was likely from the bruises on my arms. I mentally shrugged as I distanced myself from the face; it would soon leave like to rest of them.

"I think I'll take this one." A rumbling voice washed over me.

I turned to see where he was looking--to see who was being bought. I froze and my heart skipped a beat as I realized he was focused on me.

My thoughts made me zone out and not pick up exactly what he and the store clerk were discussing. I was being bought?

Others that had been returned had terrible stories of owners that would do terrible things to them just because they could. They-

Rough hands wrapped around me tightly, pinning my arms to my sides. I was shoved into a box after a collar was clamped around my neck.

I curled up, shaking, as the box was plunged into darkness. Muffled and indiscernible speech could be heard outside of the box before it shifted suddenly and I could feel the giants rhythmic footsteps as he walked.

Soon, the cardboard cage I was in was placed down and became still. A loud motor starting up made me stifle a yelp. My eyes had finally adjusted when the motor cut off and the box was moved again.

As it stopped, a feeling of dreadful anticipation settled in my stomach, which only intensified as bright (compared to what my eyes had gotten used to) light flooded into the space.

I raised my arms up to block out the light and the massive being looming over me. After a few moments, they'd adjusted to the light and I moved my arms.

The being's eyes were watching me, as if they were observing my every move. I froze, unsure of what to do. I couldn't speak; these collars zapped you if you talked.

"Hello..." He said with a small smile.

I shuddered at the sight of his teeth and considered just ignoring him. That is, until I remembered the stories the others at the store--those who'd been returned--had told where they did something their owner didn't like and they shocked them.

So, I gave a small wave since I couldn't talk. He smiled more, seemingly pleased he'd gotten a response from me.

Gigantic hands approached me and I started to shy away until the fear of what he might do made me stop. I closed my eyes tightly, waiting for the rough and tight grip to consume me. When it didn't, I opened my eyes.

He looked slightly amused and confused, while his hands were behind me, cupped and tilted up. He scooped me up gently, stroking my head as he did so.

He was... surprisingly gentle for someone so big. He must've noticed my tail nervously moving because he pulled me close to his chest in a gentle hug of sorts.

"I won't hurt you, darlin'." His voice rumbled and shook me slightly, bit of sounded genuine so I relaxed some. "What's your name?"

I couldn't say anything, I signed my name in sign language. I wasn't sure where I knew it from, but I knew it.

"Y/N...?" He said slowly. "Well, Y/N, is it okay if your nickname is Spoofy? I told Arin that I was naming my next dog Spoofy, so..." (please tell me someone gets this) His eyes widened. "Sorry if that's offensive, I was just-"

"It's fi-- agh!" I'd forgotten about the shock collar and spoken.

My throat burned from the sharp shock, my body shaking while I regained my vision, which was splotched with black dots.

I looked up into Danny's confused and concerned eyes. They darkened as they saw the collar around my neck.

"Hold still." He said softly with a frown.

I did as he said, panicking slightly as the collar tightened. Oxygen and relief flooded my system as the pressure disappeared completely.

I looked up to see the collar dangling between his index finger and thumb. He tossed it into the trash can and turned his attention back to me.

"Why Spoofy?" I said, to break the silence and try to lighten the mood a bit.

"Oh," He got a twinkle in his eye, seemingly remembering the moment. "Inside joke. Anyway, let's just say Avi is the best."

I wasn't sure who 'Avi' was, but I nodded. He suddenly extended his index finger in front of me.

"Oh, I'm Danny." He said as I shook his finger with both my hands. "Oh, you're too precious."

He smiled and I smiled back.

"Nice to meet you, Danny."

"Also, sweetheart," He started softly. "I'm your friend, okay? Not an owner."

"Okay." I yawned, tired from the day and lack of sleep.

He cooed at me as my eyes closed and his hands curled around my gently, comforting me in their warmth.

I had a feeling I was going to enjoy being with Danny. A content sigh escaped my lips as I slipped into unconsciousness.

898 Words!

Thanks for reading! I'll try to update more often; I went through a rough patch for a few days, but thanks to all the support I'm fine now.

See ya soon!

~Em