21.

I slide down resting my back on wall.

One thing that I have left that is pure and innocent he took it away from me. Now I have nothing left of mine to boost about nothing left at all. Aside my baby, that I will do everything and anything to keep her safe. No matter what it takes.

I stood up making my way to the bathroom brushing my teeth furiously trying to get the slimy saliva out of my mouth. God I hate him so much, so much. I wouldn't think twice killing him when I get the chance.

I stripped out of my clothes taking a shower to calm my nerves. God. I really do hate that man.

........................

Few months later.

"Are you insane"? Ken snapped crossing his arms over his chest shooting me a death glare at the process.

I bit my bottom lip straightening up properly. "No, I am not".

"Lan" he tutted" Please let me help you, I don't like the idea of him popping up whenever he wants. Who knows whatelse he might do".

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes "Oh please Ken, I can't run away forever and are you seriously thinking I would let him come and mess me up again? It's never going to happen. I am going to fight him with everything I have".

"You don't know what he's capable of doing".

Again with this I have had enough already I can't keep running away forever I need to grow some balls I am a mother already not some teenager. "Oh please, I think I do know just exactly what he's capable of doing".

"But.. But" he began protesting when I cut him off "But nothing Ken, I appreciate all what you are doing for me and Imelda really but I need to stand up for myself. How can I do that when you don't really give me any chance to do so".

He let a sigh resting well in to the sofa "I know Lan, I just don't want him taking advantage of you again".

He did have a point and I couldn't be more grateful for being caring about my well-being and that of my child. But it's time to stand up for myself.

"I know Ken" I flashed him a genuine smile "I won't be that girl again".

"So" Ken started, I let out a breath of relief for a minute there it was getting suffocating, thank God he finally decide to drop that topic.

"About that job" he straightened up properly "Do you really have to go"?.

Is he serious?

"Of course I have to Ken".

"Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for everything you are have been doing and you are still doing but don't you think is high time I  go out? I mean you kind of said something like that some time ago".

"Okay Lan, whatever you want I will try and support you".

Now that's more than pleasant to the ears.

"Thank you Ken, thank you for everything".

........................

I cleaned my palms for what seems like the 100th time in the last five minutes, I am beyond nervous.  It's been a while I did any sort of work.

How will I do? Will I lack behind? Will I accidentally pour coffee all over my boss? Oh no.

"Ms Colton"? I whipped my head up. "Yes? Yes, that's me". I stood up clutching my hands together.

"Mr David will see you now, just take the elevator" she said whilst smiling a real smile.

I thanked her heading towards the elevator.

I knock on the door,mumbling a small prayer.

"Come in, the door is open".

Here goes nothing. I pushed the door closing it quietly as I strode towards my soon to be boss, that is if I get the job.

He had his head down going through some papers, while I stood there waiting patiently for him to finish.

"Please give me a minute, I will join you shortly, oh and do take a seat". That voice I shook my head clearing any unwanted thoughts forming. It can't be him, it's been months since I last saw him.

I sat down clutching my folder tightly.

"So Miss" he raised up his head as I come face to face with the man that has been in my every dreams, the man behind my wet dreams.

"Oh no" I gasped out loud.