1.

The hidden truth.

I woke up to a cold empty house again, I smiled sadly as usual she couldn't wait for me.

I walk over to the kitchen making me some breakfast before I leave for school only to a note on the kitchen counter.

"am up for work bye".

No, I love you ,take care, be safe or have fun like how other parents do to their kids my eyes burned with tears, no I refuse to cry.

We've been this way for as long as I can remember she ignoring or coming back late just to avoid. Suddenly loosing my appetite I took my backpack heading out of the house.

Thankfully the walk to school was about 20 minutes which gives me time to think.

I walk in silence my mind drifted to my mother, maybe I did something wrong that made her despise me?? Maybe I wasn't good enough? Maybe my grades are not good enough? She never talk to me aside good mornings. The longest conversation we had was when I started my period and the conversation was between a patient and a doctor. Why? Well because that's her profession. She thought how to use tampons and how to read calendar I was hoping for something different but it never happened. The thought alone brought a sad smile to my face.

"watch where you are going Laney".

"hmmm? Oh, sorry" I said sheepishly and too tired to talk and head into the school

The lectures were supposed to be interesting, I couldn't help but think about my mother I don't know what I did wrong when ever I tried talking she always shuts me out. Did I do something wrong? The lecture really I wasn't paying attention to it I was in an entire different world.

"Ms Colton"? I heard my name being called. I immediately answered seeing the whole class staring back at me.

"hmm? Am sorry sir you were saying"? He shot me an annoyed look and relaxed himself.

"I said how do you define relationship between parents and their words"? Seriously out of all topics must it be this one? I stood up from my seat thinking of what to tell him honestly I don't have any idea on it. My relationship with my mother isn't great and I never get to meet my dad.

"I.. Uhmm" I began to shutter fidgeting with my fingers.

"it's uhmm" again I attempted to say something but failed miserably at it. The whole class were waiting for me to say something.

I heaved a sigh and put my head down "I'm sorry sir I don't know anything about it" I heard gasps from the class. Of course they should be.

"what do you mean you don't know Ms Colton don't you have parents"? I look up and met his gaze pleading with him not to talk anymore I don't know how long I can hold it in before breaking down.

He might have noticed my discomfort and diverted the topic he signalled me with his hand to sit down. I sat down burying my face in my palms.

"poor girl maybe she got no parents"

" I actually feel sorry for her"

Hold it in Laney you can do this 5 minutes till the bell will do it's magic.

Once the bell rang I pick up my backpack and head straight out of the class heading straight home.

I got in the house and ran to my room. In my room that's where I broke down the tears keeps falling non stop my heart ache my king aches I want to breathe but I could. I started hyperventilating. Oh no, not now.

Calm down Laney breath in breath out you are fine you are okay. We got you my subsconcious reminded me am not alone. With the help of my subsconcious I was able to calm down but the tears I couldn't control it from falling.

Oh mom just what did I do to make you hate me?