14.

"Laney are you okay, you look pale is everything okay"? My mom asked with concern laced in her voice. I must say it's a strange feeling hearing her being concerned over me. Something I wanted it to happen for a long time and it's happening now but at a very different time.

"Yes, yeah, I'm fine I am just really stressed about school and endless assignments". I lied.

The school I never got to attend ever since I got married.

No, I'm not fine, I can't be fine ,I don't sleep at night, I don't feed well, I don't take shower until am permitted to do so. I so badly want to tell her but I bit my tongue.

"Okay then I'll be leaving today Laney I need to get back to work".

"Hmm" I replied.

He came in fixing his tie staring at me and my mom before speaking up "Mrs Colton ready"?.

She nodded her head picking up her suitcase and her hand bag walking ahead of him.

...............
"She's gone" he stated.

I nodded my head while I keep folding the laundries, the whole maid thing was fake he would never hire a maid when am here. Immediately she left he had already instruct them to leave before he gets back. So I was left with piles and piles of chores to do. I didn't complain though.

"Are you even listening to me"? He barked.

"What the hell are you thinking? Playing the innocent little girl so I can take pity on you? I know better you are nothing but fake same as your fucking mother" he yelled. Charging at me with his belt and start hitting me, throwing cruses when he's satisfied enough he left me to pick up myself.

It's okay Laney, it's okay you will be fine.

Slowly, gradually my mind is getting numb to pain my body is getting numb to it, my whole system are gradually shutting out on me.

I slowly stand up straight having a small table for support as I continue my chores. I folded the clothes neatly avoiding my blood to stain his clothes.

When I heard the door opened I know he's back to continue from where he left, I didn't turn I simply keep folding the clothes still avoiding the blood from touching his clothes.

When I finished folding it I made my way to the drawer arranging them neatly before turning around to face him.

"My study is dirty".

I picked the broom and Parker heading to his room trailing behind him, reaching his study he got in and closed it while I knocked before he told me to get in. Immediately I got in he told to me where and where to start cleaning, right there I started sweeping and rearranging things.

"Stop". I froze not moving an inch.

"Come forward" he commanded.

I place the broom on the floor making my way to him standing few feet away from him.

"Get on the broken bottles" I don't need to be told twice as I perched my feet on the bottles, dark crimson oozling out of my feet and surprisingly the pain is not much.

He had a satisfied smile on his face as he watch my blood flowing from my feet.

"Now get to work" he said with a satisfied grin.

The more I move the more the bottles pierced into my feet making it go deep and deep each passing movement.

When I finished cleaning up his study malign it spotless along with the broken bottle and my blood he discharged to go.

I finally get to room my legs giving out on me as I collide with the floor.

"you know, nobody wants you I mean isn't it obvious that your mother hates you then now your husband? My my my".

"mom?  Stop saying that, that's not true you,, you love me, you just having a hard time showing it". My voice slightly cracking

"I'm not your mother!!!!  I will never give birth to someone as disgraceful as you!!! You are nothing but shame to me, I despise you, and your entire existence" she yelled slapping me hard making my face turn before dragging me by my hair.

I yelled clawing at her begging her to let go as tears stream down my face.

Suddenly she drops me before a voice I so much fear spoke up.

"Well!  Well!! Well!!! Look what we have here" his voice dripping with venom as he squatted raising my face to meet his eyes.

I flinched seeing how dark his eyes are, while he smirked evily clearly.

"We are gonna have so much fun with you Laney right Em"? He asked his eyes never leaving my face as he gripped my cheeks hard digging his nails into it.

"You are worthless"

"Useless"

"Whore"

"Stupid"

Voice I don't know kept raining curses on me, I shut my eyes trying to block it out but none of it is happening

"Open " he yelled.
"You hear those voice, it's exactly how you are, how you will be, you are nothing but a worthless, useless, who're, stupid human being" he spat digging his nails deeper and deeper into my skin.

While I let out a scream.

I woke up panting, gasping for air using my hands holding my neck tightly. I couldn't breathe the whole place is getting at me, coming to me.

Those words kept ringing in my ears.

"Worthless"

"Useless"

"Whore"

"Stupid".

Over and over again those words kept repeating in my head, while I trash around struggling to breathe.

My lungs gradually giving out on me as my whole body is ready to succumb to darkness.

"Don't you dare think about it Laney"

"Get up fight it, take a deep breath, fight for your child, fight for your child " the unknown voice added.

That does it as I slowly but gradually letting air go into my lungs.

When I finally got enough into my lungs and regained my breathing as I fall into darkness against.

Thinking about "my child".