|1.38|

3 Weeks Later
"I can't believe we really got yo' skinny ass in the gym."Ashton joked.

Anthony flicked him off. "Watch when I get built on you niggas."

Lamont cackled out obnoxiously. "He about to die—again!"

Anthony side eyed him as Carson and Ashton joined in on his teasing. Anthony wasn't as built as them so they were taking full advantage to tease him about it when he asked to join them in the gym. At first they thought he was joking, but sure enough Anthony took time out of his day to attend the couple of hours of working out.

"Ain't nobody die in the first place."Anthony scoffed.

Lamont turned his lip up as if he knew Anthony was lying. "So you just gone stand up here and lie like the doctor ain't tell us he had to fry yo' ass with electricity to get yo' heart pumpin' again ?"

Anthony shook his head while waving him off. "Everything you say just sound dumb nigga." He walked away from them heading towards the treadmill.

"I see you starting off light."Carson added into the teasing as he bypassed him and headed towards the weights with Ashton and Lamont.

Anthony shook his head. "Them niggas don't know a thing about working out." He murmured to himself while placing his headphones in and raising the incline on the treadmill.

Since Anthony and Ashton both played sports in high school they were a bit familiar with the gym scene. However the difference between the two was that, Anthony stopped hitting the gym once high school was over with, but Ashton continued and turned into a muscle head.

As Anthony warmed up on the treadmill he got a FaceTime call from Jhenea. Slowing down his run into a light jog, he answered. "Look at you working out trying to get buff for mama." She grinned widely.

Anthony chuckled. "You childish."

"I know. But the reason I called is because we have a busy day ahead of us meaning you can not be as lazy as you were yesterday."

Anthony brushed her off. "What are we doing besides going to see baby boy ?" Artist was still hospitalized in the NICU despite turning one month. He had grown a lot and gained a lot of strength however he just wasn't quite ready. He was finally breathing on his own so there was now no need for his nasal cannula, however he still was eating through gavage feeding.

The doctors and nurses were pushing for him to be done with the gavage feeding in the next week or two so he could be cleared to leave the hospital.

"We're getting your name off of Elle's birth certificate so I can allow you to sign Artist's, and we—"

Anthony set the treadmill to an even slower pace as he interrupted her. "Hold on, what?"

"What? You're lost?"

Anthony nodded his head. "You sayin' it like you deciding if my name gone even be on it in the first place."

"I'm not playing this game with you Anthony. I get that you want to be a good father figure to Elle, but you honestly did the most with signing that birth certificate. You're investing yourself way to much into this not even thinking how messy things can get." Jhenea shook her head. "It was just your guilty conscience."

Anthony sighed. "I don't think I want to take my name off." He admitted with a shrug.

Jhenea stared back at him as if he were stupid. "I gave you a few months to think this over and now you have to make a decision. Take your name off of Elle's birth certificate then you don't get to put it on Artist's. Simple."