|1.14|

Anthony stood before the sink roughly cleaning his hands and underneath his nails with peroxide. After, he stripped out of his clothes and got into the shower. The boiling water eased his tense muscles causing him to let out a long sigh as the water ran over his body.

He stood, letting the water ease him for a while. So long that he didn't even notice Jhenea get in after him.

She held the bathing sponge in hand before pouring his body wash onto it. The water caused the suds of the wash to fill her hands causing her to run the sponge down his back. She stayed attentive of cleaning his back side, even getting behind his ears for him. "Did you mean it?"Jhenea whispered as she rubbed the bathing sponge across his shoulders.

"No."Anthony answered. "Did you mean it?"

Jhenea shook her head. "No."

Silence was the only thing that allowed them to be in arms reach of each other so they were taking full advantage of it. Anthony quickly finished washing up before leaving Jhenea in the shower alone. He all of a sudden got irritated. He didn't understand why or what caused it. It was just something off about the two.

Anthony dried himself off before getting dressed. Stepping into the closet, he stared at himself through the mirror. He hated this feeling. The feeling of having to beg for forgiveness. The feeling of hoping all his bad karma wouldn't be inflicted on to anyone else he loved. He hated feeling like the bad guy all the time.

Saying a prayer, he took ahold of his Jesus piece around his neck hoping that'll get him more in touch with his savor.

He prayed for a lot of things.

Forgiveness.

Protection.

Guidence.

Emotional and mental security.

And to repent the heavy sin he had just committed a few hours ago.

Yes. He had killed Kenneth.

He had been so brainwashed by what he does that he found that as his only resort.

Killing Kenneth was a lot easier for him. He didn't hesitate much or feel the burden when he seen him take his last breath. He didn't understand why he felt so indifferent. As much people Anthony had killed, he always felt a sense of sorrow afterwards along with a sense of slight regret, but this time it was nothing at all.

Interrupting his distant thoughts he felt warm arms wrap around him causing him to open his eyes and notice it was Payton. Taking in a deep breath, he plastered a smile on his face for the sake of his daughter.

Although she was ten years old, he still managed holding her in his arms. "What's wrong? Why are you in the closet standing like a wierdo." Payton found everything her father did odd.

Why he had two phones? Why he would rarely let her go out with him? Why he travled so much? Why he would never tell her about his day? Or why he would sometimes rush phone calls whenever she was around? Payton was beginning to have a lot of sense and this what Anthony was afraid of.

She was his weakness and he did things to prevent anything to happen to her.

"No reason. You ready to go to school?" He walked out of the closet with her still in his arms.

She shook her head no. " I don't want to."

"Is that so?"Anthony chuckled as he dropped her onto his bed.

She let out a laugh before sitting up. "Yeah. My hair looks different what if people don't remember me?"

Anthony placed his hand at the ends of her hair. Beylan had recently cut it over the weekend because it was beginning to be untameable. Payton wasn't feeling it so she had been complaining about it since she got it cut shoulder length.