|1.8|

Anthony pulled up in his mother's driveway with Payton in the passenger seat with her bag. Samantha had been missing her grandbaby for a few weeks now and since she had an open schedule for the week, she offered to watch over her for two days while Anthony got his schedule straightened out.

Getting out the car, Anthony went to go asisst Payton out while he grabbed her bag. With both of them out the car, he locked the door with his keyless remote before following Payton who ran up the driveway to her grandmother's door. "If you bust ya' ass I ain't gone be too nice Payton. Walkin' would you get you there to." He told Payton who wasn't the most cautious child.

Payton halted her running letting her father catch up. "My bad."She apologized.

"It's cool, just don't fall cause if you do I'm gone laugh right in yo' face." Anthony rang the doorbell allowing it to sound through the home.

Anthony looked down at his phone while Payton waited anxiously for Samantha to open the door.

The door was finally answered allowing Anthony to look at his mother who had a basket of clothes to the side of her. "Hey my pretty pretty girl." She looked down at Payton before kissing her forehead.

"Hey grandma!"Payton exclaimed as she clung onto her waist as they stepped inside.

Anthony followed the two ladies inside closing the door behind him. He sat Payton's overnight bag onto the couch before trailing his mother to the kitchen. "Hey ma."Anthony took his eyes off of his phone before pulling his mother into a side hug.

Samantha held onto her son feeling on his face observing him for a bit. "Anthony you look different. The hell happen to your face?"She questioned in a worried tone as she turned his head side to side to examine every portion of it.

Anthony let out a small chuckle. "Mama, I'm good. I went out with them boys and things ain't turn out to well."He shrugged not finding it relevant to explain the whole ordeal to his mother especially with Payton around.

Samantha took in a deep breath. "Why Carson or Ashton feel the need to put they hands on you, you smaller than they big asses." Caught under the impression that Anthony got into an altercation with Carson or Ashton, she immediately got upset.

Anthony let out a louder laugh. "Ma, it wasn't with them, it was with some other cat, that thought he was bold." Anthony shrugged in a nonchalant manner as he took a seat at the counter on the stool.

Samantha let out a sigh, she always told her hot headed son to pick and choose his battles, but instead he only picked and chose what he really wanted to hear out of her. "Mase, you too skinny to be fighting men that ain't in yo' weight rank. Get up for a minute let me look at you." Still worried, Samantha wanted to examine her son that she hadn't seen in weeks.

Letting out a slight groan, Anthony stood from the stool towering over his mother in height. "Look at my poor baby." She squeezed his stomach hoping it showed signs that he actually ate. "Stop going days without eating. When the last time you had a home cooked meal Anthony?"She scolded being over dramatic as usual.

Anthony sighed. "I never be home ma'." He shook his head slightly remembering why he stuck to phone calls when dealing with his mother.

"Then call me. I don't mind cooking you something to eat Mason. You can't function if you starving."She sighed as she continued to hold his face in her hands. "Whatever girl you got on her back clearly ain't someone you should turn into yo' wife if she not feeding you."

Anthony found his mother completely amusing. "Jhenea is feedin' me, real well if I may add, but you know how I am, I'll probably take a few bites of food then dip. And, she ain't here all'a the time, she live in Atlanta."Anthony vouched for his woman. He knew Samantha didn't like the idea of him dating a woman who happened to graduate in his younger brother's class. She thought that Anthony just wanted to grasp onto something young for a while, but it seemed to her that Ms. Jhenea wasn't going any where.