Chapter 65: Evidence

(Twitter: @_MalikIsSexy_)
Sorry I've been busy packing cause I'm moving tomorrow lol

___________

Zayn's POV

I choose to skip my first class Monday to pick up the knife down the station and answer whatever goddamn questions they need to ask me. It best to get it over with, even though I hate showing my face there, but also if I'm hanging out with Zoe later I wouldn't have to go there first, and this way she wont find out. 

I guess it's wrong I didn't tell her the full truth, but it's really nothing, so why would I bother telling her and making her worry? That I had a knife is just a stupid detail, and I don't want her to think I'm totally idiotic like my mum had basically put it. 

Besides it's better to not remind her of me and knives and stuff. 

**

I have to wait fucking 15 minutes before the petite, blazer clad middle aged woman behind the counter addresses to me that "Sergeant Sawyer" or whatever, is now available and I can finally get up from the rock hard waiting seat. 

Her heels clicks against the floor as she leads me down a hallway, and opens the third door on the right, giving me a glance to enter. 

The sergeant is pacing behind his desk, probably feeling really powerful, as I walk in and slouch down in the chair across from him, putting my hands into my jacket pockets. 

He glances at me before taking a seat before me, looking down at a thin folder I reckon is my file. 

- "Oh yes, hello Mr. Malik," 
He extents his hand out for me and I avert mine from the safety of my pocket for a moment to shake his. 

I nod, scratching the side of my nose and dig my hand into my pocket again. 

- "I see you and a group of friends got in a slight trouble on Friday," he reads from the report. "A legal knife below 3 inches was found, and it seems it is not linked to any former episodes of crime," he looks at me for confirmation, and I give slight nod, checking the time to see if I can manage to make it back for my second lesson.
There's plenty of time though.

- "Good I'll have you sign here," he pushes the piece of paper he has been reading off, in my direction along with a pen.

I sign it in my ugliest handwriting and he takes it back and adds it to the stack of papers in front of him.

- "One more thing. Just for the record, do you usually carry a knife on you Mr. Malik?" 
The beardy man says, finally handing me the see through plastic bag containing my stupid knife.

- "No sir," I answer, tapping my fingertips against the armrest of my chair while he scribbles something down on a notepad before scribbling something else down in my file. "Was that all?" I ask impatiently. 

- "Yes, that was all. I hope not to see you here again," the man says in a strict voice, scowling at me over the glasses. 

- "Mm," I mutter, getting up from my chair and stuff the plastic bag down my the pocket in my jacket on my way out.

**

I'm not in the best mood when I get back to school and it doesn't fucking help that Jason and the lads are asking all these quirky questions as we go for a smoke outside before the second lesson. 

I don't wanna fucking talk about this, and honestly I'm getting quite pissed at Jason for scolding me for this since it was him that got that fucking speeding ticket, not me. It's all fucking his fault anyway, that piece of irrelevant paper wouldn't have been added to my file if he hadn't had to get brave Saturday. 

- "It's all your fault anyway," I spit, not even trying to sound less pissed that I am, gaining a lifted eyebrow from Jason. 

- "My fault? What the fuck are you on about?" he chuckles and takes a shallow drag of his joint, slouching against the wall next to me. 

- "Who else's fault is it?" Is he dumb or what.

- "Mate. You're the one who kept a fucking knife in your car like how fucking stupid is that?"  he snaps back, this time sounding rather annoyed. "Stop moaning Zayn at least it wasn't you who got the ticket," 

- "They wouldn't have stopped the car if you driven like a fucking 5-year-old, and they wouldn't have searched the car in the first place if it wasn't because they could smell you and Marc had been smoking weed it in!" I say, crushing my cigarette butt under my sneakers, giving Jason a scowl but he just glances at me with amusement in his eyes.

- "Your ego's so fucking big Zayn. Yet you're just plain stupid most of the time," he says, finishing his blunt too, tossing it on the ground like I had. 

- "Care to say that again?" I say calmly even though my new anger is starting to slowly boil inside me and I see Marc leaving through the glass door with his phone pressed to his ear out of the outer corner of my eye.

Jason turns to me with an regular cigarette between his fingers.
- "I'm saying you're an arrogant dick," he says clearly. "Who's lately been trying to act all clean and golden," he chuckles and shakes his head, lighting the smoke, while Noel watches us like he's in the fucking cinema right now.

- "Shut up Jason," I say, trying to calm my urge to rip that cig our of his grip and punch his face in. 

- "You know what I should just turn you in like I should have long ago," he laughs for himself, looking down at his shoes as if what he just said was the most hilarious thing ever. 

- "What the fuck are you talking about?" I can't think of anything he could possibly have on me. I don't owe him anything.

- "I'm talking about Brian Nielsen," he says, his green eyes boring into mine, the name of the victim sending a cold shiver down my spine.

We haven't talked a lot about what happened since the incident, but it's fucking low of him to bring it up again - even for him.

- "Yeah how you gonna tell on me without proof? And without admitting that you were there yourself that night?" He must be fucking high from that blunt.

He laughs. 
- "Mate. I have the knife," he shakes his head. "In a shoe box up against the wall under my bed,"  

- "You what!? Are you fucking mental!?" I do rip the smoke of his grip this time, and I move  from my spot against the wall to stand face to face with him, for a split second pissed that we are the same height so I can only look directly - and not down at him. "You said you'd get rid of it!" I yell into his face, the panic and adrenalin suddenly flowing through my veins, the rush ringing in my ears.

- "Where the fuck was I supposed to trash it!?" he yells back.
Uhm anywhere?

I feel my own hand taking a firm grip on each side of the collar of his hoodie.
- "Do you realize what fucking big risk that is!?" 

- "Yes. You could be going to jail for murder," he says, while I pin him to the wall with my hand around his throat. "I'm your only alibi," he adds, which is damn stupid when I literally have my hands around his wind pipe. 

- "If you go to the police I'll rip your fucking throat out. I already told you that back then, remember?" I hit him against the bricks again and he tries to wrestle free but he's not that strong. 

I tighten my hand around his neck sufficiently, watching as he squints, struggling for breath while his hands bore into my wrists.

Here I've been walking around for months thinking I was safe, but no that fucking prick has all the evidence he'd ever need to ruin my entire fucking life under his fucking bed.

- "Do you understand?" I say.
Only a strangled stubborn sound escapes from his throat, his eyes becoming sort of distant.

- "Hey. Hey!" I feel Noel's hand around my arm and his panicked voice near my ear. "Zayn, he can't breathe!". 

I give him a final squeeze and let go and watch Jason fall to the ground with his hands around his neck, gasping for air. It's a disgusting sound, and so is the glare he gives me.

I give him two hard kicks in his gut, unintentionally making him cough blood up before he accepts my hand that I hold out to help him up again, and I watch him take a few weak steps before he gets down on his knees again and vomit on the ground. 

- "He'll be okay," I tell Noel and decide to go take a piss and try and calm myself down before class.

__________________

You'll get some drama soon I promise - can't say how soon though

Anyways share your imaginative theories like some of you do sometimes lol