Chapter 37: Drunk

Lol guys I've been reading through some of the first chapters, and wOW I really need to do some serious editing and changes hahha!

________________________

Zayn's POV

I'm tired as fuck when I finally throw myself on my bed in my new bedroom. I still have a few boxes to unload, but at least most of my furniture have been moved here by the furniture removers my mum hired. That being said, I really need some more furniture. The apartment is not very big, but I only have the ones from my old room. I don't even have a couch or a dining table - or chairs for that matter.

My mum is taking me out to get the stuff I need tomorrow, at noon, after I get my new tattoo filled in. Kitchen equipment and all that. 

I'm surprised and grateful that she's doing all this for me, but at the same time I know I guess she feels like she owes to help me out at least - because she feels guilty about my shitty childhood even though it really was all my dad's fault - though I'm sure deep inside she is a bit relieved that I'm not gonna live home anymore. I don't blame her, I was more of a burden to her than anything else. 

Of course she never liked my partying, my social circle or how I frequently brought home girls. She knew about my job as a dealer, bit I think she also knew I was taking the drugs myself, but she never really said anything - even though she was always the one having to safe my ass when I visited the police station.
I know I haven't been the perfect son, but I am who I am. 

She isn't someone who gets really angry, I only remember one time she threw a fit, because I had come home completely wasted, with a busted lip, and with blood smeared all over my face and knuckles, from fighting with some asshole. 

My brother was there, and she shouted in my face what a bad son, and role model I was for Jawaad, and how it made her sick how disrespectful I was towards girls. She basically told me to either get my shit together or leave, but she never followed her threats through of course.

I just remember telling her to "fucking relax," and mind her own business, and then I went to my room. Of course I knew she was right.
A bit later Jawaad entered my room and sat down on the floor, just watching me while I lit a smoke - knowing my mum wouldn't want me to smoke in front of my little brother, but I was pissed and too drunk to care.

"Don't hurt mum, she's just mad," He said, and I almost fucking dropped my smoke. I asked him who had told him about my - our dad. There was no way my mum would have told him about his violence.

He said that he didn't want me to hurt mum - "like I did those girls". I asked him what he was talking about, and he said he could hear it through the wall. I had no idea what to say to him, but there was no way I was giving him the sex talk, so I just told him they liked it and basically told him to fuck off.

**

I only just manage to lazily reach for the remote control and turn on the TV, when I get a text from Marc.

- Party at Scott's, come and pick the rest of us up in 30 minutes? 

As much as I feel like just dozing off in front of the TV, I haven't hung out with my mates for what feels like ages. Besides Scott's parties are always a great time. He's a real one of a kind, - he seems like he's always a bit stoned, even when he's not. He dropped out of school two years ago, when he turned 18, and then started his own mechanic workshop. Bless him.