Chapter 5: New friends

Thank you for your votes and comments, they mean alot to me! 

Enjoy xx 

____________________________

After our small talking down the hallway, Harry and I enter the classroom, which is already filled with students, who are too busy checking their phones to notice me. Thank god. I hate getting attention like that - I hate standing in front of so many faces, judging me. I'm shy that way.

Harry finds us two empty seats in the middle, and I am surprised that he doesn't go and sit next to some of his friends, who are giving us curious looks. I give him a grateful smile - wouldn't be that fun to sit alone in back like some loner on my first day. Then the teacher, Mrs. Hudson starts, and she and I get eye contact over her thick glasses. She smiles at me, her eyes friendly.

"Oh that's right! We have a new student this semester! Miss. Zoe Fray. Welcome dear, I'm sure you will fit right in here, I'm Mrs. Hudson," She says leaning over her table

I nod and smile "Thank you, Mrs. Hudson,". I look around at my peers, and most of them smile welcoming at me.

**

Harry was right, Mrs. Hudson is a good teacher. She's not boring at all, even though she is probably about the same age as my grandmother. Every now and then she'll pull a joke, in the middle of something boring, and the whole class will start laughing.

When we are dismissed, I get my books and join Harry and a couple of his friends at the door, and we leave the classroom in a big group. I observe the others, joking and talking about their experiences during the holiday.

Making our way to the lockers I spot Zayn Malik, standing talking to a couple of guys farther down the hallway. He is wearing a snapback on top of his quiff, along with his leather jacket.

He notice me staring, and we make eye contact. I throw a faint smile in his direction, with my mouth closed. He just looks at me - or more like right through me - and returns to his conversation. Ok friendly much?

 **

After getting our food, I sit down at a table with Harry and his friends.

-"So Zoe, this is the gang," Harry giggle at his own joke - the "gang". The others just shake their heads, and give me a look that says "you get used to it".

-"This is Liam," Harry points towards an attractive boy with friendly brown eyes. Liam smiles at me and says hi.

-"And Tamara.." a pretty blond girl waves at me, with manicured nails, "hii!" she says, her eyes gleaming.

"...and Niall," Niall reaches out to shake my hand. He is adorable! He has dirty blond hair and beautiful blue eyes. I can't help but notice the huge pile of food on his plate. Wow.

The guy sitting next to Harry clears his throat. "And this is Louis!"

Louis leans all the way over Harry - so that his cheek is touching Louis' torso - to shake my hand.

A beautiful girl with big curly hair and brown eyes joins the table. "Heey, looks like we got a new member, I'm Danielle!" her voice is full of joy. I introduce myself and she sits down next to Liam.

"Yea they used to date.. didn't work out," Louis spills, Liam and Danielle clearly uncomfortable talking about it. Well ok..

We sit there talking and eating and laughing, and I am quickly figuring out the roles people have in the group. Louis definitely is the funny one! My stomach still hurts from laughing over a story he told us, about how Harry had almost run an old lady over on their way to school. They are neighbours apparently.

-"What is he lookin' at?" Louis suddenly spits, clearly annoyed, and everybody stop talking.

I look and see Zayn standing alone leaning against a table a couple of meters away. 

When he sees me, he raise on of his dark eyebrows and gives me a small crooked smile. I don't know how to react or what it even mean, so I just give him a quick smile, slightly frowning.

"Do you like, know him?" It's Niall asking this time, sounding surprized and a bit worried. Err? What is going on?

"Err, not really, he lives a couple of houses down from where I live. Only talked to him once.. Why?" I says, confused why it's such a big deal.
The way they all look at me,makes me feel like I'm being interrogated by the police or something.

They exchange an odd glance.

"Just.. Don't mind him," Harry says, shrugging his shoulder to close the subject. 

There is something they are hiding from me. Though I decide to let it go for now.

Curiously I shoot a discreet glance in the direction of where Zayn stood before, but he is nowhere to be seen.

____________________

Please remember to vote if you like the story so far!