Chapter 82: Why

Zoe's POV

Walking out the door I spot Zayn's car parked by the road outside, just where it would be before he moved into his apartment.

I wave slowly giving him a questioning look holding a little smile.

- "You're driving me to school?"
I grin, looking at his bright smile as I open the door and jump into the heat of the car.

- "Just.. I was up early so, was bored and I wanted to see you," he leans in for a kiss.

- "You look so different,"
I say after a kiss that I could feel all the way down into my fingertips somehow.

His hair is shorter, especially in the sides.
"You look a bit like when we first met," I run my hands through it while he starts the engine and he giggles adorably and shakes his head.

- "So you like?" He smirks like always and I feel that incredible flutter in my stomach that I always get.

I nod while he puts a warm hand on my thigh and squeezes it.
- "Mhm. Did you have that done yesterday?"

- "Yup,"

**

Entering the classroom for today's first class, first thing I do is I spot ever so phone addicted Jai sitting at his usual spot next to mine, phone in his hand, a light gray sweatshirt with the hood pulled over his snapback.

No wonder he doesn't see me before apparently startle him as I pull out the chair next to him.

- "Hey," I say, getting my laptop and notebook along with a pencil from my bag.

- "Hey," he eventually does the same, and also pulls the hood back down his back, as out teacher walks in.

The first half hour passes with me taking notes until I make to the point where I simply don't get the rest.
Not that it's that hard, it's probably not, but I'm so tired.

Watching tv shows until your eyes close apparently isn't the way to do life.

Jai on the other hand still writes away, and I find myself spending the rest of the time before our 5 minute break, looking up different driving schools, since I'm not 17 for much longer anymore and my parents promised to pay then.

There are surprisingly many to pick from here in Bradford so I close the tap down again as our break starts.

- "Boyfriends bored in class I reckon," Jai grins teasingly, and I can't help but notice how much he resembles Zayn as he has apparently not shaved.

He lifts his dark eyebrows, making me shift my attention towards my phone where I have recieved maybe 3 or 4 texts from Zayn.
Oh.

- "Right," I grin rolling my eyes slightly, grabbing it. Maybe even blushing, I'm not sure.

- So today yeah?
- Wanna do something or just my place?

The third one is just a wink, so yeah Zayn probably is bored. He has English now anyway.

I turn the screen light down a bit.

- "He was like at my house yesterday," he looks at me as if I should know why, with his eyes that are slightly more brown than Zayn's and less hazel.

What?

- "Zayn? At your house?" I ask, feeling my smile fading. What was he doing at Jai's?

- "Yeah I don't know why though, just heard his voice, and like.. my room is next door, so.."

Right. Jade of course.

He shrugs uncomfortably when I frown and probably stiffen, and he starts to look like he already regrets telling me.

"Don't worry though, he left right away. Was just picking something up or whatever," he continues, while fiddling a bit with the dog tag hanging from the long silver chain around his neck.

- "Oh ok," I say not really succeeding in sounding casual, and also knowing it would be too creepy to ask him to ask his sister what Zayn was up to.

But what the fuck would Zayn need from Jade anyway?

- "It's not- They don't see each other anymore- at all," he says carefully, clearly trying to calm me down.

"I'm just letting you know- I don't know- I didn't mean to like suggest-" poor guy.
I cut him off.

- "It's okay, Jai," I try to grin.

You don't kill the messenger.

At least now I know Zayn good enough to know that he wouldn't cheat on me, but I also know him good enough to know that he would hide things from me and lie to me if he finds it well- the least necessary.

And of course I can't help letting all these silly questions get in my head.
Like was he picking me up this morning because he felt guilty? Does he feel guilty? Should he? Of course I'm just overthinking, but I can't help it.

_____
So shoort but at least it's an update right? And a bit of drama ;)