Destruction

Kassandra's POV

"This is unacceptable. Two females cannot be mates, females are weak and they need a strong male  to lead them." The man in front of Aliana says and the people in the room nod their heads in agreement with his statement.

"As a gift from your people and your leaders I will break this disgusting bond for you and find you a strong suitable male mate." He says with a smile and I watch as Aliana tenses.

Fen yelps and jumps off of her shoulder as if he'd been shocked.

"Oh shit." He says as he backs up towards me. I look at him confused and then at Aliana and I see a flash of black static run across her shoulders. I thought that I was seeing things until it flashed again and then more regularly, still Aliana didn't move.

The man with the black eyes seemed unaware of what was going on as he turned his back to Aliana and played off the crowd.

He shot insult after insult off about us and with each word I watched as more flashes of black appeared on Aliana.

"Can you calm her down her down Kass? " Fen asked me and I reached up and removed Scar from my shoulder just in case.

The people in the room seemed to just notice that there was something else going on besides this showman in front of them and they looked at Aliana in shock and fear. But the oblivious man was still going on and on about how disgusting we were.

I went to take a step towards Aliana when Laas spoke.

"Do not approach her, this man has insulted our mate and you must allow her to exact her vengeance in our honor. Do not take this away from her." Laas said and I move back instead of forward.

The crowd was getting more fearful as they watched Aliana and the started to point at her, the man finally turned to see what was happening and he surprised me, instead of looking fearful like everyone else he was smiling a triumphant smile as he looked at her.

" See this is what I was speaking about, see how easily she loses control of her emotions and powers, if she had a strong man by her side instead of a woman this wouldn't be happening. A man would be powerful enough to tame her and keep her in check." He said to the crowd and they nodded their heads and agreed with him.

He looked over at me and glared before he turned back to Aliana who had flashes of black on her every second.

"I think there is only one man who is strong enough to handle an untamed woman like you." He said and placed his hand on his chin as if he was thinking. His face lit up and he smiled.

"I know exactly who I'll pair you up with................Me." He said and the crowd cheered. He turned to them and bowed, then turned back to Aliana.

"Now to break your mate bond with her." He said and moved closer to her. As soon as he was in touching distance I watched as his body jerked and his brows furrowed in confusion as he looked at Aliana. He opened his mouth to speak but blood poured out.

The crowd was to his back so they still hadn't seen what had happened yet. I looked over at Aliana's dad and he had a sick smile on his face, her grandparents and sister were looking at us with worried expressions.

The black flashes of lightning were now running over the man and whatever part of him that touched Aliana, that part of him was burnt.

Alaina's right hand shifted and the man moaned in pain and blood continued pouring out of his mouth, by now the crowd could tell that something was wrong and the guards who had escorted us here earlier came closer to see what was happening.

When they saw him with blood draining out of his mouth they pulled out their weapons and pointed them at Aliana but they didn't fire as they didn't want to shoot the man.

Aliana's hand shifted again before she shoved the man away from her, he fell to the floor at her feet bleeding from a hand sized hole in his stomach. Aliana's hand up to her forearm was covered in blood. She payed no mind to the shouting guards as she swung her right hand down splattering blood everywhere. The crowds eyes were wide as they watched her and a few women started screaming.

Aliana went to the man and gripped him by his hair and pulled him up. He raised his hands and gripped the arm holding his hair as he struggled to free himself.

"You can't do this, I'm the leader of the Royals!" He whisper shouted as Aliana pulled her right arm back and started punching him in the face repeatedly. The guards tried to rush her but they were blasted back by the black lightning that was also burning the man's face.

They then turned their attention to me, but Fen, Scar and my shield kept them away and we all had no choice but to watch as Aliana slowly killed this man.

When his face was no longer recognisable she dropped him to the floor and the back of his skull cracked against the tile and I winced at the sound it made.

She pulled out a blade and bent down and started cutting every inch of his body and the only sounds he seemed able to make now were moans of pain.

When she slit both his wrists he managed one final burst of strenght and tried to shove her away but Aliana had already raised her free hand and knocked his hands away. She wiped her blade off on his shirt and resheathed her knife. She gripped both sides of his shirt and pulled his upper body up. His head lagged back but he managed to lift it a little and looked at her with his messed up face.

"Mine!" She growled at him in her normal voice and another deeper, more ominus voice.

"It's Krii." Laas said answering my silent question.

"Mine, my mate!" They snarled at him together. His head slumped forward in what looked like a nod.

She dropped him again and then stood up and summoned her blade of darkness. The people in the room gasped as they saw the blade.

Without missing a beat Aliana brought the blade down to the man's neck and removed his head from his body.

The darkness from her blade began disintergrating both parts of him until there was nothing left but his splattered blood.

She returned her blade and walked towards me, I dropped my shield just as she reached me and enveloped me in a hug and buried her face in my neck.

"Mine." They both growled.

"Yes, yours." I said and felt some of the tension ease out of her shoulders as I hugged her back.

"Well wasn't that just a wonderful show, so entertaining." A deep voice said and Aliana growled and pulled away from me.

Walking through the crowd was a man identical to the one Aliana had just killed.

"But now how am I going to tell my mate that you killed our beloved son?"