Master of the city

Kassandra's POV

Aliana has been gone for almost half an hour now.

"Do you think she's okay?" I asked Fen.

He still hadn't changed back into his smaller form and I am bit afarid of him in this form.

He laughed.

"Trust me, you don't have to worry about her, its the people who attacked here and put you in danger you should be worried about."

"Is she really that strong?" I asked really wanting to know about her from someone whose been around her for so long.

"No." He said shocking me.

"But I...." He cut me off.

"She's stronger. I've never seen her release her full strength before, but what I have seen terrifies even me."He says giving a small shudder.

Just as I was about to ask another question the room opened. In steps Aliana, radiating so much rage and hatred that I actually had to take a step back.

"Ali you've got to let it out a little." Fen says and takes a step toward her and bumps his snout into her stomach. She glares at him with eyes so cold that he also steps back a little, but I watch as he fights his fear of her and steps back into her.

For some reason the sight of him comforting her makes me want to growl.

I must have actually made some kind of sound beacause both of their heads snap round to me.

Fen backs away from her and goes to the other side of the room and watches us.

I look back at Aliana and let out a startled gasp because she's now directly in front of me. Her head is cocked to one side as if she's studying me like I'm some kind of mysterious creature that she's trying to figure out.

The need to touch and comfort here is just to much for me to fight so I take the final step seperating us and wrap my arms around her neck and pull her head down to me. She bends her head in the crook of my neck and inhailes my scent. I shivered at the feel of her lips on my neck and pulled her closer and she wrapped her arms around my waist.

As we held each other, I began to feel the tension leave her body as she began to relax. I ran one hand through the back of her hair and lightly scratched her scalp, she growled and I froze not knowing what to do. But she pulled back, but not before placing a kiss on the side of my neck.

She looked down at me and leaned  forward and lightly placed her forhead on mine.

"Thank you." She whispered looking directly in my eyes, but her eyes would occasionaly drift to my lips, which I just absentmindedly just licked. I watched as her eyes darkened.

"Your welcome." I managed to squeaked out and tried to take a step back. The hands on my waist tightened and my heart started galloping in my chest as she lowered her lips towards mine. She stopped when we were a few centimeters apart and I wanted to groan in frustration, but I realised what she was doing, she wanted it to be my decision if we kissed or not.

I closed the small space between us and it was like fireworks going off in head. It wasn't hard and demanding, it was sweet and chaste and beautiful. Even so I was still breathing heavily when we fianally pulled away.

"You tame me Kassandra." She said with a small smile and she went to sit on the bed and pulled me with her.

"Hardly." I snorted. Who would ever be able to tame her?

"So were all one big happy family now?" Fen asked now back in his smaller form.

"Yeah." I said smilling down at him.

"What happened to get you so riled up Ali?" Fen asked and I felt her tense up again. I rubbed my hands up and down her arm and she started to calm down.

"They were here for Kassandra." She growled out.

I froze. What did she mean they were here for me.

"What do you mean they were here for me?" I asked out loud.

"Exactly as I said. They came here to take you to Dionisis."

I jumped when Fen suddenly growled viciously.

"Why that little butt leech, how did he find out about her so fast?"He asked.

"There's a leak in the hunter's orgazation." She said picking up my hand and intertwining our fingers.

"Whose Dionisis?" I asked trying to keep up with the conversation.

"The master vampire of the city." She said looking directly in my eyes, once again I got lost in her swirling eyes but just managed to pull myself out.

"What would he want with me?" I asked still not really understanding

"We had a disagreement a while ago, and I put him down, but I didn't kill him because if I had any old vampire could have come in and messed up the city,so I let him live. He probably wants to get back at me for embarrasing him, and the only way to hurt me is through you."

She stood up and started packing the small amount of clothing she had into a travel bag then mine too.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I watched her continue to stuff our things into the bag.

"Were leaving. Its not safe for you to be here with a spy on the loose and I really don't want to be here any longer." She stopped what she was doing and placed the bag on the bed then walks over to me and squatted down until we were eye level.

"If you come with us I promise to keep you safe, and give you the training you need, the way they train here will not work for you, only I can give you the type of training you will need. I don't trust anyone here to protect you. I won't assume that since were mates that you will automatically follow me. So I'm asking you if you will come with us." She finished waiting on my answer.

"I'll go." I said and then the most amazing thing happened. She smiled. My eyes widened and my breath caught. I mean she's gorgeous when she's not smiling but she's absolutely breath taking when she does. I wished I had a camera at that moment to capture it, who knows when I'll see it again.

She gets up and give me a quick peck on the lips and went back to packing the few remaining things and I blushed.

"You two are absolutley adorable." Fen said from behind me and I jumped, forgetting he was there.

"What would you have done if I said I didn't want to go?" I asked curious.

"Stayed. And try to deal with the situation from here, I wouldn't have left you alone." She says zipping the bag close and throwing it over her shoulder. She came back over to where we were sitting and reached out a hand to me and Fen. He scampered up and setteled around the back of her neck and I clasped her other hand and let her pull me up and we headed out the door.

"What are we going to do now?" I asked as we walked down the long halls and stairs finally reaching the outside.

She turns and looks at me with eyes turning cold.

"Kill the master of the city."