Hard Work

Kassandra's POV

The outside of the 'compond' that Aliana had built was huge, but the inside was enormous, you would have never guessed from the outside that the inside was actually larger.

After Fen had wandered down a long hallway I decided to check things out.

The entryway opened up to a room the size of a small arena. I was filled with seating all scattered about. It didn't look at all futuristic as I had thought it would, it was actually like a giant log cabin.

The walls were a cream colored with no photos or anything on them. There was a large kitchen to the right of the 'arena room' and a dining room that looked as if it could seat hundreds. There were wide wooden stairs that led to the upper levels.

On the second and third floors there were hundreds, and I mean hundreds of rooms and bathrooms. I wondered why they needed so much space if there was only her and Fen and how she had managed to build all of this by herself. She just shrugged her shoulders and said she'd show me later. The fourth floor was where the training room, pool, gym and secondary security rooms were located.

And the fitfth floor was her and Fen's, now also my room was located. The suite took up the entire top floor and the primary security room wae also up here. By the time I had explored the entire house I realised that I wasn't tired and that I could move freely compared to when we had just landed.

"Why is the gravity lighter in here?" I asked her as I made my way over to the bed that looked as if fifty people could sleep comfortably in it and never touch each other.

"As soon as we stepped inside I adjusted  the gravity in the compound for you. I will gradually increase it as you get used to it." She said as she also made her way over to the bed and sat down.

"You should rest now, we will be up early tomorrow to begin training." She said again and pulled me down to her.

We were both laying on our sides just staring into the others eyes until she spoke.

"I should go and let you sleep." She said leaning up about to get out of the bed.

I caught her wrist and pulled her back down then attacked her lips. She was shocked at first, but then she began to kiss me back, between the softness of her lips and the shocks running from her lips to mine then to my brain, I was feeling overwhelmed. In a good way.

She was the one to pull away, but dare I say it? Was she blushing?

"You need to rest." She said protesting weakly.

I giggled and gave her a much shorter kiss.

"Okay." I said pulling away this time. "Stay with me till I fall asleep?" I asked letting out a yawn.

She nodded her head then stood up and began taking off her weapons and shoes. I stood and did the same and crawled in the bed after her.

I pillowed my head on her chest and she wrapped her arms around me.

"Sleep my love, I'll be here when you wake." She whispered into the top of my head.

I could already feel my eyes getting heavy so I ended drifting off the steady beat of her heart.

********************************************

"Left, Right, Kick, Retreat!"

It was around six in the morning. I'm not sure how to tell time on Onari but I do know that it is really freaking early.

We had been going through a series of martial arts move for over an hour now. We had started off with the basics, when I had told Aliana that the hunters had already taught me the basics of fighting she had said that they had not taught me how to fight the way she will.

I must admit that in all the years that I had trained with the hunters I had never worked as I had in all my years as I had in that short hour and a half with Aliana.

"When you punch, you must put your whole body behind it. Put force behind the hit, turn into it." She said from behind the weight bag.

I tried to do as she said and failed the first three tries but got it on the fourth.

"That's it, there you go." She encouraged and I smiled. Having someone encourage me was ten times better than when the instructers would usually scream and me and call me worthless.

"Let's work on your inner power now." She said and I stopped punching the bag and went to go sit in the middle of the room. She came and sat down crossed leg in front of me.

"I'm going to teach you how to tap into the power stored inside of you, the same way I taught myself how to access it." She said looking at me.

"Was a difficult for you to learn how to access your powers?" I asked.

"For me it was either learn how to tap into my power or spend the rest of eternity as a prisoner." She said like it was nothing. My jaw dropped but she shook her head head at my silent question.

"Another time." Was all she said and I nodded my head, but I was going to find out about her mysterious past one day.

"Now you must quiet your mind and body and look deep within yourself until you find your spark. This could take a while so don't get frustrated." She said.

I nodded my head and closed my eyes trying to quiet my body and mind. After about five minutes of silence I began to get frustrated and opened my eyes.

What I was expecting to see was the training room full of equiptment and Aliana in front of me. What I wasn't expecting was to be in a large room that was completly white. I stood up frantically looking around.

"Aliana!" I shouted and got no answer.

"Aliana! Fen!" I shouted again while turning in every direction.

"They can't help you here." A strangely familiar voice said.

I turned faster now looking for the speaker, but I was alone in the room.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw movement and I spun in that direction and what I saw there made me fall backwards and scream.

The creature looked like a giant dragon with white scales running down it's sides and white fur on it's back and underbelly. It's face looked like a mix between a dragon and wolf. White flames appeared on it's paws and furred tail and it looked like lightning was appearing around it's body.

It looked at me with pure orbs then opened it's mouth and I saw rows and rows of sharp teeth. I closed my eyes waiting to be gobbled but it never came.

I peeked my eyes open and the creature was looking at me in amusement.

"I will not eat you little one for that would kill me as well" The creature said.

'little one?' I thought, I had been called that before, then I gasped.

"You're the one who spoke to me the other night!" I shouted.

It bobbed it's massive head up and down, then sat back on it's haunches and regarded me silently.

I picked myself off the floor and moved around carefully, keeping an eye on her.

"What am I doing here?" I asked when I couldn't find a way out of here.

"You attempted to access our powers, but before you can do that you must first pass a test by defeating an opponent." She said as if she didn't have a care in the world.

"So the only way me to get out of her is for me to beat someone?" I asked while facing her.

"Yes." Was all she said.

"Alright then, where is this person I'm supposed to beat?" I asked praying that my short training session with Aliana would come in handy.

"You're looking at them." She said and roared.