Barrier

Kassandra's POV

It had been over an hour since Aliana and Fen had left, Scar was pacing back and front of the door, I had sat down in one of the long chairs in the living room.

"Scar just relax." I said to her again for probably the fifth time.

She paused in her pacing and looked at me for a second then she started up again.

I was about to speak again when a feeling of pure evil washed over me and I felt something getting close to us.

Scar stopped and faced the door, she started to growl while backing away, I stood up from my seat, the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end.

I reached out with my power to try and feel what was approaching us and had to pull back quickly as whatever it was took notice of me. I was able to see it for a second and what I had seen truly scared me. It was as if this creature was devoid of any goodness.

Aliana's power is dark, but it is not evil, even if she might not feel it, I can sense the goodness in her. This thing was evil in it's true form.

It stopped directly in front of our door and the sound of Scar's growling increased as she stepped back beside me.

Then the room shook. I looked over at Scar in question but her gaze was firmly fixed on the door and the creature behind it.

"The barrier's stopping it." She said without looking away.

I looked back to the door as the room shook again, I had almost forgotten that Aliana had placed a barrier around the room, but whatever was out there seemed to be determined to get in here.

I summoned my sword just in case whatever was out there managed to get inside. I would fight, I wounld't let all of Aliana's training go to waste.

"Kassandra!" A familiar voice called out from behind the closed door.

"Aliana?" I called even though I knew it wasn't her. Aliana would have just opened the door and came inside.

"Yes it's me, open the door! Fen's hurt and needs help." The voice said and Scar let out a ferocious growl at the thought of Fen being hurt.

I moved closer to the door and placed my hand against it and had to pull my hand back as the evil behind it threatened to burn me.

"Open the door Kassandra I need your help!" The voice said again sounding panicked. If I hadn't known before that whoever was on the other side wasn't Aliana, that panicked voice just confirmed it. I might not have known Aliana long but panicked was not one of the things I had ever known her to be.

"Who are you?" I whispered and everything got quiet.

"Open the door Kassanda." They said again, this time all emotion gone from their voice.

I started to back away when the froom shook again.

"I said open the god damn door !!!" They shouted and began pounding on the barrier.

"Do you think it will hold?" I asked Scar when I reached her side.

"Of course, Aliana created this barrier, nothing will get through." She said with so much conviction and I automtically believed her. The room continued shaking and growling had started from behind the door.

Then the shaking stopped and I could hear the sounds of a struggle outside, Scar and I moved closer to door to try and hear what was going on outside and could hear voices outside.

" So you killed that idiot Valix." A voice said, probably the thing that was trying to get into the room and it began laughing an insane laugh.

There was no response but I heard a familiar growl and Scar began to whine beside me.

Fen. I thought and a smile came to my face. Aliana and Fen where here.

There was a sound of steel meeting flesh and I felt as the evil behind the door disappear. The door began sliding open and Scar and I steeped back as Aliana appeared in the doorway with a happy looking Fen behind her.

Aliana stepped in the room and Scar immediately launched herself at Fen and started licking his face.

"Is everything alright?" I asked as I moved in to hug her. She nodded her head yes, but I felt her freeze up against me. I placed my hands on her shoulder pushed her back to look at her. As always, there was barely any emotion on her face but her eyes were swirling and shining.

"Aliana?" I call her name and before I could ask her what was wrong she gripped my waist and swung me behind her, just as the wall behind me exploded, exposing our room to deep space. Everyting in the room was sucked out and if Aliana hadn't turned into her energy form so quickly Scar and Fen would have been pulled out also as I hadn't even thought to do it.

I was so shocked by the exlposion that I almost missed the man who floated in through the newly created hole. Whereas we we're glowing a blinding white from Aliana's energy form, this man; who was also seemed to be in energy form, had what looked like dark shadows swirling around him.

His bare feet settled on the floor as his gaze scanned the room, when he saw me and Aliana he froze.

"So you are the ones who are tracking me." He stated then without any warning launced himself at us. I was shoved away from Aliana and pushed towards Scar and Fen already in my energy form as he slammed into her and they both crashed to the ground. The room shook again as Aliana shoved him off of her and back through the opening he had made. She gave me a quick glance then launched herself out of the hole after him.

I floated over to the hole and looked out just as they came back together and I was suprised as I watched him land a hard blow to Aliana's side. I had never seen her take a hit before so I was beyond shocked that he was able too. I was even more suprised when I watched her hold her side as if she was in pain, leaving her open to attack.

He moved in closer to her and started delivering vicious blows to her and she wasn't able to avoid any of them. Scar and Fen were growling behind me as he gave her a final hit to her head. She stopped moving and I gasped at the sight of her falling back and drifting in space.

His gaze swung to me and he lifted one corner of his mouth in a sneer as he turned away completly from the unconscious Aliana and moved towards me. Fen and Scar moved in front of me and growled viciously at him, but he just growled back and made a quick motion with his hand and they flew away from me, slamming through steel walls and far away from me.

My eyes widened as he got closer and I unconciously moved back, that seemed to make him very happy as an evil laugh errupted from his throat.

"I will be rewarded greatly when the Dark faction leaders learn I have destroyed two of the Light." He said and I had no idea what he was talking about.

He reached out a hand towards me and I jumped back and I jumped back and summoned my blade. His eyes shifted from me to my sword and widened when he saw it.

"Is that the legendary blade Oblivion." He asked astonished, his eyes still on my sword.

"That would mean you're one of the................."  His words cut off as his head fell away from his body and a battered and bruised Aliana appeared behind him a bloody sword at her side.

"Are you alright?" She asked me and before I could answer her, her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she fell forward. Her sword disappeared and I also returned mine and moved forward to catch her.