Protector

Aliana's POV

"Do you think she likes us?" Fen asked after we watched Kassandra run out the room.

"I don't know. Maybe." I answered honestly.

He scampered up my arm and once again wrapped himself around the back of my neck.

"Where are we off to next?"Fen asked as I got up and began making my way out the door.

The hunters that they had sent to "guard" me jumped aside as we got closer to them.

"I'm following her scent, so that's where were headed."

We began moving in the direction she went the hunters trailing after us. We were stopped as the many hunters in the hallway came to a standstill.

"Looks like something going on up there." Fen commented.

As I was about to reply I heard a cry of pain then the sounds of something slamming into lockers.

I stood up taller to get a better look and saw a flash of red hair and pain filled grey eyes.

My beast which had been stirring all the while suddenly roared forward and began slashing at my insides.

I surged forward, throwing anyone in my way  aside into lockers. Some I threw so hard that they were imbedded into the lockers others went into the ceiling.

I could hear Fen screaming in my ear for me to stop but I couldn't stop even if I wanted too, my beast was waking up and she was beyond pissed.

When I got to where Kassandra was, our eyes locked for a brief second then her eyes rolled up in her head. But in that one second I saw all the pain she was feeling not including all the blood that was around her and the awkward angles her body was in.

A girl with blonde hair and blue eyes turned around to look at me. I'd seen this girl delivering vicious kicks to Kassandra's body with the other hunters still around her still form.

I could tell that I'd been judged and dismissed as she gave me a quick once over then turned back around to continue attacking Kassandra.

Before her foot could leave the floor, I gripped the back of her neck and slammed her head into the lockers in front of her. She tried to fight me but I tightened my grip on her and continued to slam her face into the locker. Other hunters tried to help her but I swept my free hand behind my body and sent the flying away from me in every direction.

Blood was everywhere on the lockers and ground as the girls face began to split open. I could hear her heart starting to slow.

Suddenly I was flung away and I lost my grip on the girl. I was about to attack whoever had attacked me when Fen came into view in his full form and started shouting at me. His words barely registering.

"For fucks sake snap out of it Ali. She'll die if you don't help her!"

Those words are what snapped me out if it. I looked down at Kassandra's broken body and began making my way towards her.

She looked so small in the ball she tried to be in but her bones were so badly broken she wasn't able to protect herself properly.

Fen was right, I could feel her essence beginning to fade. I needed to do something now. I could hear the hunters streaming into the hallway trying to help the injured, carrying them away. I ignored all if them and placed my hands on Kassandra's head and abdomen and began pushing my healing light into her.

When I was able to mend her broken bones and stop her internal bleeding I began to to pull away, but paused as I noticed something cowering in the centre of her being.

My beast roared forward to meet it but it shrunk back and whimpered. I gripped my beast by its neck and dragged it out.

I came back to myself to find a growling Fen and us surrounded by hunters.

"What have you done?" Their Commander shouted as he stormed towards me. I gave him one murderous look and he stopped.

"You can't come in here and attack my hunters and students, the council will be here soon to judge you for your actions against us." He stated.

I ignored him and looked back down at Kassandra, picked her up and began making my way towards my room. The hunters moved out of the way Fen following close behind.

When we entered the room, I moved to lay her on the bed and covered her with the sheets.

Fen who had changed back into his smaller version jumped up on the bed and curled up at her side. I sat in the chair at the side of the bed and watched them sleep.

Thinking about the days events I came to one conclusion.

My beast is waking up and she wants her mate. Death to all who got in her way.