Taint

Kassandra's POV

After I had finished introuducing myself to Aliana's family, I heard her 'Father' mutter under his breath. I wasn't able to make out what he said but in the next instant he jumped at me with his hands outstretched.

I stumbled back then Aliana was in front of me holding him by his throat and growling dangerously. Fen and Scar had also transformed and we're growling at the people in the room.

The man named Eli moved Kera behind him and tried to rush Aliana from the side, she didn't even spare him a glance as Fen intercepted him and they stared fighting. The fight between the two was really one sided though as Fen was able to pin him in a few seconds.

"STOP!" Kera screamed and ran forward but paused when Scar growled at her.

"Please calm down everyone." She said, but Aliana was looking at her father with so much anger it was scary. I moved up behind her and placed my hand on her back and felt her tight muscles relax a little.

"I don't care who you are, father or not, if you ever threaten my mate again I will kill you without hesitation." She said and I watched as Thorn struggled to remove her grip from his throat. She sneered at him and threw him backwards. I kept my hand on her, I knew this had to be hard for her, finally being able to meet her family but then this happens.

Fen stepped back, taking his large paws off of Eli who immediately jumped up and glared at him.

Thorn rose to his feet his hand around his bruised throat and looked at me like I was the spawn of satan. Aliana who saw the look he was giving me growled at him.

"Father, that was the wrong thing to do." Kera spoke up and looked at her father with disapointment in her eyes.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THE COUNCIL WILL SAY ABOUT THIS......THIS.......UNION!" He shouted saying the last word while looking at me as if I was something vile.

"That is not our concern father, right now we should be celebrating the fact that Aliana has returned to us; all else can wait until later." She said to him.

"WE WILL BE THE LAUGHING STOCK OF ALL ILLIRIA, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY WILL SAY TO TWO FEMALE ILLIRIANS MATING?!" He continued ignoring Kera's words.

"Disgusting." Eli sneered at us and went to join Thorn.

Ahhh, so that was their problem. Their culture was against same sex matings, who knew that even millions of light years away from earth there would still be people like this.

He continued ranting and I could feel Aliana getting angrier by the second.

"You must calm her down before her and Krii loose control." Laas told me and I moved and wrapped Alianas' hands around my waist and wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her down for a kiss.

She didn't respond at first and I could feel her chest rumbling with her growls, I moved to deepen the kiss and I felt her finally giving in. She pulled me closer and I went up on my tiptoes as the kiss deepened.

She pulled away sooner than I would have liked and leaned her head on mine, looking deep into my eyes.

"Better?" I asked and she leaned down to peck my lips one more time before nodding her head and pulling away.

A loud crash made us turn our attention back to the room and we found Thorn still looking angry and a large hole in the wall.

"What are two females supposed to do together, how will you reproduce, how will get respect, people will laugh at you." He spat out and took a step forward, Eli following his movements.

Aliana moved me behind her and Scar and Fen moved to my sides as Kera moved to the middle of the two groups.

"Renounce her as your mate and I will find a strong suitable male for you to mate with." He said and that seemed to be the straw for Aliana.

She disappeared from in front of me and appeared in front of them with two daggers in her hands.

"I could care less about what any of you think, Kassandra is my mate. MINE!!!!" She roared and the two of them stumbled back from the fierceness of it.

She stepped closer and glared at the two of them and spoke in a quiet voice.

"You want me to renounce something?" She asked and moved closer until her and Thorn we're nose to nose.

"I renounce you as my 'father' even though I never really saw you as such." She said calmy.

"Do not ever approach me or my mate again." She said and I could see hurt in his eyes but he quickly covered it and glared at her.

"Leave." She said in a voice void of all emotion.

No one moved.

"Leave, I won't tell you again." She said and something must have shown on her face because Thorn now looked scared, he backed away from her and open the door and left.

Aliana turned her attention to Eli who had just stood there with a shocked look on his face as he watched the two of them.

"I'm not leaving my mate here with you." He growled and Aliana's head titled to the side. She flashed to him and gripped his throat, opened the door and threw him out into the hall screaming. He jumped back up and went to attack her.

"ELI!!" Kera screamed and he froze and looked at her.

"Please just leave for the time being, I'll come find you later." Shew begged.

"I'm not leaving you here with her, she's dangerous." He growled.

"She's my sister, she won't hurt me." She countered and he looked between the two of them before his gaze locked on Aliana.

"If you hurt her, I will hunt you down and kill you." He growled before sparing Kera one more look before walking away.

Aliana turned and walked back over to me and engulfed me in a hug.

"No one will ever hurt you, I swear it." She said and I felt tears prick the corner of my eyes.

Kera cleared her throat and we turned to face her and she had an apologetic look on her face.

"I'm sorry about that, father is all about image and cares to much of others' opinions; I never thought him to go as far as to attack your mate and for that I am sorry." She said while looking down.

"It's ok; it's not your fault." I said and she looked up at me with a grateful smile.

"He is not my father." Aliana said and a pained look covered Keras' features but she nodded her head in understanding.

"Now that that's over, let's go" She said smiling once again.

"Where are we going?" I asked her as she led us to the door.

"To meet the rest of the family." She said and laughed when she saw my nervous expression.

"Don't worry not everone here is like that, no one will attack you again." She said and I relaxed a little.

"It's not me getting attacked that I'm worried about." I say and sneak a glance at Aliana. Kera followed my gaze and seemed to understand what I was saying and nodded at me.

If someone attacked me I knew Aliana wouldn't hesitate to kill them like she had done with Thorn.

Fen chuckled as he and Scar followed us out.

"Our Aliana is very protective of her mate." Fen said.

I really hoped no one tried anything.