Mate?

"How?" I growled at Fen as I paced back and forth in the condo's living room.

Fen had transformed back into his smaller version of his creature. With this transformation he looked like a miniature version of a baby husky with blue eyes and four tails.

"How am I supposed to know Ali? I'm just as surprised as you are".

What does this mean? what am I supposed to do about this? Do I even care? I've only seen her once and already I'm almost out of control.

"What am I to do about this Fen?" I asked out loud. Sitting down on the long black sofa I lean my head back and stare up at the high ceiling.

I own the building that my condo is in. It is an eight story building, my unit takes up the entire two top floors it has modern decor. Pale walls throughout the entire unit. A gym, small pool, weapons room, spa and a movie theatre. It is one of my many homes I owned around the world.

"At least we know where to find her". Fen stated.

"She's a hunter, so she most likely will be at their compound". I say calmly, trying to get myself back under control. How can one mortal hunter affect me so much in so little time?

"So you're really going to see her?" Fen ask climbing into my lap and settling down.

"I don't really have a choice. My beast has been fighting to get loose since we left, If I don't go, you now best of all what would happen."

I smelled the flash of fear coming off of Fen. Reaching down I rubbed his head lightly.

"It'll be alright". I say confidently.

"I hope so Ali". Fen says snuggling down. "I never want to see her get loose again.

"You and me both Fen".

"The hunters won't be happy having us there". Fen says thankfully changing the subject.

"And I should care what they think why?" I say coldly. A quietness filling me.

"Whoa!. Don't go killer on me Ali, I'm just saying they won't be happy with us there in their business"

"I don't care about their business, I'm only there for the hunter, they don't even need to know that much. As long as they don't get in my way I won't kill them". I say with all seriousness.

Getting up I wrap Fen around the back of my neck, his chin resting on my shoulder, I walk up the stairs towards my bedroom. I strip out of my clothes and get under the covers. Fen settles next to me.

"Try not to kill to many people Ali". Fen mumbles already half asleep.

"I'll try". I say drifting off also...I dream of sad grey eyes.

******************************************

I woke around seven in the morning and watched as the morning light danced over the walls. Throwing off the covers I head into the bath suite and complete my morning rituals.

Walking out with a towel wrapped around my body and hair I reach for my underwear. Boy shorts and a bra.

"Fen wake up"

"Five more minutes Ali" Fen mumbles.

"Get up, its time to go" I say pulling on my black skinny jeans.

"You really are a party pooper Ali" He says finally getting up and shaking out his fur.

"If I don't get you up now you'll sleep the entire day".

" It was only five more minutes" He grumbles. Pulling on a white v-neck t-shirt and my knee high boots,I pick up my overnight bag and walk out the room ignoring Fen.

He trots out behind me and down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Do we have everything?" Fen asks as I pick up my bagel and coffee and head towards the door.

Speaking low I say a spell to seal my condo so no one will enter and to alert me if there are any attempts.

"Yeah, lets go" I say closing the door behind us and locking it.

"Let's go get us a hunter" Fen chuckles at his own private joke.

Tell me what you think .

Comment.