Chapter 21: Dark Arts

Jeremy and Nick were walking through the forest calling out for Clay. He didn't come back home last night after chasing Eduardo. Clay came stumbling out from a shed with a gash on his forehead.

                                                   "Where have you been?" Nick asked, "Been looking all over for you."

                                                    "I was attacked." Clay said

                                                   "By Eduardo?"

                                                   "Yeah. He set a trap."

Jeremy looked at the gash on Clay's forehead.

                                                     "You okay?" He asked

                                                      "I just came to." Clay said

                                                    "Don't worry, we'll hit him back twice as hard, okay?" Nick said

                                                    "I'm sorry, Jeremy. Maybe we can still find him."

                                                 "He's probably halfway back to Spain by now." Jeremy said, "Let's get you back to Stonehaven and I'll take a look at that."

                                                   "Roman will want to know that Eduardo's still on the loose." Nick said

                                                 "Call him."

Nick nodded. They all got back to the house. Clay and Jeremy walked into the office. Clay looked surprised to see Ruth there along with Paige.

                                                          "What happened?" Ruth asked, worried "Did Savannah do this too?"

                                                         "Savannah had nothing to do with that." Jeremy said

                                                      "She bled a man out, yesterday. There's no telling what she'll do next."

                                                       "We'll be gone soon." Paige said

                                                        "But you just got here." Clay said

                                                "We need to bring Savannah home for her Initiation ritual."

                                                   "She needs her talisman to focus her powers." Ruth said, "So that something terrible like last night doesn't happen again."

                                                     "Why go all the way back to Boston?" Clay asked, "Do your ritual here."

                                                    "No." Ruth sighed "No, no, no. We've imposed enough."

                                                   "Well if she is dangerous, you should do it as soon as possible."