Chapter 6: Committed

After an eventful morning, I was now cuddled with Sebastian. If he has noticed my pudge then he hasn't said anything about it. Honestly, it was only a matter of time.

"You do realize we've not left the house in over two days?" Sebastian asked

"Are you complaining? I thought you liked it when we made love for several days." I said

"Oh, I do very much. Although I will have you explain to Becky why we show up to her wedding empty-handed."

"I promise you I will get your sister's gift tomorrow."

"That wasn't meant as a guilt trip. You've got enough going on with your family."

"I know. I'm sorry that I was gone for so long. I'll make it up to you."

Sebastian sighed.

"Makayla, it's no worry. They are your family. We all have problems with family. I get it. I really do. I just hope that you remember to do what is best for you." Sebastian said

"I am. I promise that I'm working on it. I just don't want to hurt my family." I replied

"I will support whatever decisions you have to make and I'm sure your family will too."

I looked away from Sebastian. I really wish that what he said was true. Suddenly there was a loud banging on the front door throwing on my robe, I ran to the door and opened it to see a teary eyed Elena and a confused Phillip.

"Elena? What's going on? Why is she crying?" I asked

"I-I don't know. She just said to bring her here." Philipp said

"Victor." Elena whispered

"Were you followed?" I asked

"I don't know."

I froze looking around the outside of the apartment before pulling them both in. I slammed the door locking the lock and deadbolt. I ran over to the windows and pulled down all the shades and locking the patio doors. I turned around to see Sebastian and Phillip staring at me like I'm crazy.

"Are you on something? What's the matter with you?" Sebastian asked

"Elena?" I asked

"No, not Elena. You. I'm talking about you, Makayla."

"Shut up, Sebastian. Please. I'm trying to think. Okay? Elena, I need you to think. Did he follow you here?"

Elena shut her eyes breathing deeply.

"No. No, I don't think so. I believe I lost him." Elena said

"Who the hell is 'him'?" Philipp asked

I looked at Elena telling her this was up to her. She nodded looking away. She sat down on the stool before looking at Sebastian and Phillip.

"I didn't want to say anything, but I thought I saw someone today. A neighbor of one of my foster families. His name is Victor Olson. He had a coop in his backyard where he raised rabbits. He used the rabbits as a lure, and the coop as something else. I still think I see him sometimes, you know. And he's not even really there. Which is crazy because he's locked up.
I helped put him there." Elena said

"He hurt you? I mean, physically?" Philip asked

"Promise you won't see me as damaged goods."

"There's not a single thing you could tell me that would change the way I see you."