Chapter 18: Rabbit Hole

Hey, Everyone!

So I've decided to go ahead and finish this story on Wattpad and I'll be updating every two weeks since I don't have a bunch of free time. If I get any extra free time, then I'll update sooner than that. 

So, here you guys go. Enjoy!

****************************

I was forced to join Alister in the clinic room. I gasped seeing the female doctor mumbling to herself in the operation room.

"You'll know." Alister said "I know you'll know."

"What happened to her?" I asked

"She injected herself. That is your blood coursing through her body."

"Oh, dear."

"We're so close, she can't be sick for long. I need you to fix this."

"We can't fix this, Alister. There's no fixing this. Just make her comfortable, that's the best you can do."

"You make it sound like she's going to die." Alister said

"That's because she is."

"I decide who lives and who dies."

"You're not God! You don't get to decide that. Now, she chose this. She's the one who decided to inject herself with our blood."

"The simple truth is, I have everything I need from you. I still need her.
So if you want to survive the day, you better make sure she does as well."

He grabbed my arm and shoved me through the door to the operation room. I walked closer to Sondra and stared at her.

"That was stupid of you." I said

"I can feel it getting stronger." Sondra said "Like yours. What I hear All that I can hear now Everything. He brought you to save me." She yelled out in pain "Tell me how it's going to happen the transformation."

"It's going to get much, much worse."

She smiled slightly then screamed out in pain. I just stared at her with no sympathy. She did this to herself.

****************

3rd POV

Paige sat at a laptop doing some research as Nick stood over her.

"Standard 411 search gives us six T. Ashmonts. One deceased." Paige said

"We're going to have to do better than 411 if we want to find these guys." Nick said, "Why don't you let Nick here have a crack at the hack, huh?"

Paige shot him a look.

"Nick Sorrentino." Paige said "234 women have matched with you on Tinder this month alone. You present like a cool guy but your most played song on Spotify is Beyoncé's "Single Ladies". Does Makayla know that you're obsessed with that song? I am better at finding information than you are at covering up your tracks."

"Look, while we're busy up in each other's business here, I got you this." Nik said. He laid down some ginger root on the table "Consider it an olive branch."

"Looks like a ginger root."

"Well, I Wiki'd your herbs, and I found out that that one is a powerful protection from evil. You've been through hell the past few days with Savannah, Bridget. We almost lost your mother. So, I-I don't know, I thought I thought that could help."