Chapter 1: Being Summoned Home

In the penthouse that I shared with my fiancé Sebastian, we were in the bedroom. Our clothes had been thrown across the floor as soon as we walked into the house. Currently, Sebastian was on his back as I was straddling him, moving up and down on his shaft. A thin black sheet was covering our bottom halves. Sebastian's hands gripped my waist helping me move and my fingers left scratch marks as I moved faster against him. Our breathing was heavy and labored. Sweat was rolling off the two of us. My breathing started changing and ringing was in my ears. I happened to look up at the mirror hanging above the headboard and saw my eyes were shifted. No, no, no. Closing my eyes tightly, I quickly pulled off of Sebastian without letting either of us get our release that we craved. Wrapping the sheet around my body, I quickly bent down and started tossing on my discarded clothes as fast as I could. I had to leave before I attacked him.

             "What's wrong, Makayla?" Sebastian asked, panting

            "I have to go." I replied, slipping on dress

           "What do you mean? We were in the middle of something."

          "We got so caught up, I didn't realize the time."

Sebastian looked at the clock on his side of the bed.

          "It's almost midnight." Sebastian said, incredulously "What's so important at this time of hour?"

         "I-I can't explain it." I told him "Just trust me, please?"

        "That's all I seem to be doing, isn't it?" Hearing the sneer in his voice, I tensed and looked at him. "I keep trusting you and I never get the truth from you. You're always running out. I talked to Phillip--He said that your sister is always doing the same thing."

        "I can't do this with you now. I really have to go. I will make it up to you. I promise."

I put my hands on the bed and leaned down to kiss him, only for him to turn his head away from me, looking away. I bowed my head sadly then moved away from the bed and quickly walked out of the bedroom. He had every right to be upset with me, and I couldn't fault him for that. When I reached the front door my hands started shifting. Shit. I really needed to move faster. Instead of taking the elevator, I ran towards the exit door, and ran down three sets of stairs before running out of the building into the rainy night. Breathing heavy with distorted eyes, I ran 3 blocks down and got to the ally where I would meet Elena. She was already there shifting. Yelling out from the pain, I removed my clothes. Dropping to my knees, I screamed as the shift took over and within a few minutes, I was shifted into my light brown wolf with green eyes. Elena was the same color as me but with blue eyes. Elena let out a low growl, then took off running. I growled and took off after her. We raced through the darken streets out into the forest where we wouldn't be caught. My name is Makayla. Elena is my twin sister. We weren't always this way. We used to be human until one fateful night that changed everything. Our freedom was taken from us by our past lovers. Since that night, our lives have never been the same. When morning came, Elena and I went back to the ally and shifted back. It was still raining. My body was sore. It felt like I ran a marathon thirty times over. I hated shifting. I didn't like that I was this way. I grunted as I picked up my clothes from the ground and started getting dressed.

            "Are you okay?" Elena asked, looking me over

           "No, I'm really not." I sighed, putting my heels on. "I'm tired of lying to Sebastian every time I run out. We got into an argument last night, Elena. He's catching onto my lies and it's tearing our relationship apart."