Twenty One

this chapter is a lil different lol youll get it dw

Sleeping is pretty strange. It's weird how you just zone out for around eight hours, sometimes less or sometimes more, and just find yourself in some other world. I never used to have dreams, but recently I have been. I dream about things from zombies invading the world to riding on a unicorn. Sometimes I would wake in the night and be completely unsure of why I was having that dream and it never made sense to me why I would dream about getting in a rocket ship and flying to school, but I figured it had to be for a reason.

I like getting into bed at night though; snuggling up under my blanket and hugging my pillow closely to my face. I seem to always move around while sleeping and always find that that covers have fallen off the bed when I wake. My mum's said that sometimes I softly snore, but I refuse to believe that.

The point is, there were little things I always do while sleeping and I never really seemed to care. Although, watching Luke sleep soundly beside me, as I watch his lips slightly part as he softly breathes and the occasional sigh slipping from his lips - I realise that I may be more into him than I had thought.

-

I hadn't contacted Luke for two whole weeks and I was pretty proud of myself for that since I wanted to cave in so many times. Although, school work had been keeping me busy and with Christmas only a few days away, I had been helping my mum decorate and christmas shop for presents. Luke had text me a few times, asking me if I'm done playing hard to get, but I would just ignore the messages.

What Luke had done really did get me thinking that I didn't want to be just one of his other girls and the only way to find out what he really thought about me, was to just allow him to find out how he felt first without expecting anything from him.

Also, at 2am when my phone went off, with a message from Luke - I could not exactly ignore him. The text read; i need to talk to someone, please come now

My first instinct was to go to Luke's apartment, but then I remember that Luke would not be there. He would be at one of his so called getaways and I had no idea which one he would actually be at. He didn't reply to any of my texts though, which left me clueless.

Sneaking out of the house wasn't hard since my parents weren't actually home. They went to some wedding in the town and asked if I wanted to tag along but I obviously declined the offer. Watching snobby rich people swine over fancy dresses and wine didn't seem to appeal to me. So instead of course, I stayed alone googling how many ants are walking this earth.

I was actually worried about Luke since the text didn't give too much away, I didn't want to wonder the whole town at night though to find out it was not urgent at all. Once I get out of the house, after I build a stack of pillows under my bed since obviously that would convince my parents, I called Luke.

After one ring, he picked up.

"Hello?" I could tell straight away from Luke's voice that something was wrong. His voice was low and shaken.

"Hey, Luke, where are you?" I ask him slowly.

"At the beach," Luke says, sniffling.

"Luke, are you okay?" I ask with concern, beginning to make my way to the beach which was a ten minute walk from my house.

The phone line went dead after I spoke and I began to pick up my pace, not just because I honestly was concerned about Luke, but because I could hear all sorts of growing and yelling and I was actually terrified of walking in the dead of night. It was also freezing cold and it definitely did not help that Luke was now on a beach, where it would be even colder.