Twelve

idk why im double updating, just go with it

It was three in the morning when my phone began ringing. I was confused what the noise was at first, I thought perhaps it was part of my dream but when my eyes fluttered open I realised my nokia was vibrating on the bedside table. I couldn't see anything, my eyes sometimes got like this and I hated it. I reached for my glasses next to my phone in hope they would help me get a clearer image of where I was and I drousily answered the phone.

"H-hello?" I yawned, flopping back down on the bed, not having the energy to sit up.

"Hey, Fran," Luke whispered down the other line and I was confused why he was calling me at this time. The moment I heard his voice, I felt more awake though.

"Luke, what do you want?" I whispered back at him, feeling my eye lids shutting and I was trying my hardest to keep them open.

After the course of a week, Luke and I had been working on the whole friends thing. We'd just been hanging out around town, down in the woods, at the beach - just silent places like that but it was nice. We learnt more about each other and it was crazy how much there was to know. Usually people would get bored, but I didn't feel that way with Luke - I always felt like he was interested in what I was talking about.

We didn't go too deep into conversations, just about small stuff. He told me about how he broke his arm when he was ten years old from falling out of a tree and he had told me that for a dare when he was fifteen he had dyed his hair purple for a couple of days. I didn't really have exciting stories like Luke did, but I managed to dig up dumb things about school and old family memories.

"Are you awake?" Luke giggled. He was clearly drunk and I wasn't sure if I wanted this phone call to continue.

"Yes, I'm awake," I sigh, hushing my voice so I do not wake my parents.

"So I have a problem," Luke continued to giggle. I could hear muffled voices in the background and I knew he was outside somewhere from the cars which were going by quickly.

"What's the problem?" I began to get irriated that he had called me at three in the morning for a dumb reason.

"So, there's this girl," Luke stumbled on his words, barely making them audiable, "I think, she's called Bethany, she has like blonde hair and stuff..."

I gulped as I responded for him to keep going, which I knew was a mistake from the moment I had said to do so. I didn't want to hear about what Luke was up to with some girl right now, especially not at three in the morning.

"She wants to have sex with me but I was like no," Luke slurred. I rubbed my eyes as I tried to think of a way to respond to his statement but I really had no idea.

"Why are you telling me that?" I ask him.

"Because, we're friends, remember?" Luke let another giggle slip from his lips and I wondered what kind of state he was in and where he was right now. I heard a bang and then he cursed, before chuckling again.

"You should go home or something," I say, not really knowing what else I am supposed to say to him in this situation.

"Or I could come to your house," His voice was deep and slow. I rolled my eyes, not really wanting to speak to him at a time like this because it was pointless. He would not remember anything in the morning and I was thankful it was Wednesday tomorrow so he would not pass out outside a church on the morning of Sunday mass.

"Or you could go home," I suggest, pressing my face into my pillow, just wanting to sleep.

"I think we should go to Mexico," Luke chuckled and I couldn't help but smile, honestly wondering what triggered his mind to call me up and talk crap to me.