Seven

It had been a week and two days since I had seen Luke and things just went back to normal, somehow. I mean, I guess nothing really changed drastically within that week that I had gotten to know Luke a little, but this week I was back to studying, procrastinating and even meeting up with Marco once or twice. The kid wasn't too bad, and I felt like I kind of owed him after dragging him to the park the other week to get talked down to like that by Luke and I still wasn't so sure why.

Although it was raining outside, my parents had decided to spend the day at a fundraising carnival in town, but I decided to give it a miss. We had the day off to 'study', even though I had been laying in bed now not really doing much with life.

I could hear the rain patting rapidly on the window beside my bed, not really helping me motivated to get up. I let out a sigh as I look up to the clock above me, 1.34pm, I realise that it's not even socially acceptable to waste my day like this, so I throw the duvet off of myself and roll out of bed. I decide to walk over to my waldrobe and get dressed, staying in pyjamas all day had never been my thing. Also, if my parents come back within the next couple of hours and find me not studying then I think I will be dead.

I put on some skinny jeans and a peach blouse, tying my hair messily into a bun since I didn't have plans to go far. I skip down the stairs, feeling a growl in my stomach from hunger. I find myself walking a little quicker to get to the kitchen, sliding with my socks across the kitchen floor to get the fridge. Oh, the joys of being home alone, right? As I open the fridge, I realise it's empty and I feel like screaming with frustration. I walk over to the cupboards, pulling each one aggressively open, yet there appears to be nothing.

I realise this means that I'm going to have to go out and get some food, in the pouring rain. I guess I need to be quick too, knowing that my parents think I am revising calculus right now.

Annoyed and starved, I walk over to the front door where my shoes are neatly sat and slip my converse onto my feet. I grab my jacket off of the coat peg and an umbrella - since I could hear without even opening the door that the weather was horrid outside.

I swing the front door open, a gush of wind and water slapping me in the face as I struggle with my umbrella. Damn, the things I do for food.

The shop was literally a five minute walk, not even that, from my house, by with the force of the wind it seemed to take a lot longer. I felt like I was in some sort of movie and my umbrella was going to blow away with me still holding on.

I sighed with relief as I made it to the shop, closing my umbrella and shaking the water a little. I take my hood off of my head, even though my hair still somehow got damp and walk over to the cereal bar sections.

I skimmed over all the types of bars: "LOW FAT! NOW HALF THE CALORIES!" Nah. "FRUIT AND FIBRES! ONE OF YOUR FIVE A DAY!" No thank you.

I decide to just skip breakfast anyway and jump right in, walking over to the sandwiches in the freezer. As I stroll across the shop, I notice a familiarly tall body wondering around, dressed in all black. It was hard to tell who it was though, since Luke would have a quiff and this guy's hair was flat. Despite that thought, I follow the figure into the medication isle, realising who it was.

"Hey, Luke," I called, waiting for him to turn around.

As Luke turned, I gasped. His face was full of tiny cuts, his eye was puffed out, as well as his bottom lip. I walk closer to him, examining his face closely and he knew I was too. He didn't speak though, he just swallowed as I couldn't help but look at his damaged face.

"What happened?" I gush.

Luke shrugged, "I got in a fight, no big deal,"

Luke continued to look through the anticeptic creams. His hair was flattered from the rain, making him look slightly shorter than usual, although it made him look some what cute and innocent. I pick up the anticeptic I've seen in the bathroom cabnet at home, something I use whenever I cut myself accidently or when chopping carrots - then hand it to Luke.