Five

double update bc my life is going nowhere haha ((not even kidding)) but hope you enjoy this because these chapters are taking the life out of me, why does it take so long? people make fanfic writing look a hella lot easier than this-.-

Luke's spot that he had wanted to show me turned out not to be so exciting after all, but it was his place and I could understand why. It was just a few rocks in a row, big enough to sit on and just admire the green scenery around you. I could tell Luke liked being alone and seemed to want to get away from people and situations quite often and this seemed like the perfect spot. Personally, I would have chose something with less insects and weird creatures crawling and flying around, but I quite liked it. It was peaceful and Luke seemed comfortable.

Luke sat on a rock as I stood in front of him, not really knowing what to say or do. He pulled out his packet of cigarettes, before putting them back into his back pocket again and I gave him a questioning look.

"Not in the mood," Luke shrugged.

"Oh, that's a change," I smile slightly, a little confused by his gesture.

"I know, right?" He smiles warmly, almost making the cold October air feel a lot hotter. Luke pats the rock beside him, hinting for me to sit and I nod slowly as I sit uncomfortably beside him. Suddenly the silence was soothing and I enjoyed just sitting here and looking around.

It felt odd, knowing I was here, with some guy I had met one week ago, doing something my parents had no clue I was doing. I mean, it wasn't as if I was robbing a shop or something illegal, but it was strange for me to break the rules a little. It felt good though. It was actually slightly worrying how good it felt.

"So tell me," Luke turned and faced me. His blue eyes seemed brighter and clearer today, they didn't look as blood shot as usual.

"Tell you what?" I smile back at him.

"Tell me a secret,"

"I really do not have any, it's kind of hard to keep secrets from parents like mine," I sighed.

Luke chewed on his lip, as if he was thinking of something to say, he always seemed to think slowly about his choice of words and I wondered why that was. He seemed like a kind of guy who would just come out and say things how it was, like when he got into that tiff with my mum last week. It was strange whenever I would see this straight look on his face, waiting for the right time and moment to speak.

"We definitely do not have anything in common then," Luke finally said.

"You just realised?"

An unreadable smile creeped onto Luke's chapped lips, "Of course not, I'm not an idiot,"

"Then how'd you mean?"

"I just meant, I feel like I'm always keeping secrets from my family. Sometimes I feel guilty, I mean, they have no idea who I am. I doubt they care anyway," Luke kept the same look on his face for a while and I tried to study it before he looked away and faced the trees on the other side,"Do you like it here?" He asks.

"Yes," I say, "Do you?"

Luke turns back to me, his expression blank, confusing me even more before a letting out a low chuckle.

"Yes, I do actually. It beats hanging around with those three idiots,"

"Aren't you guys friends?"

"Of course, it's just the dumb arguments we get into sometimes. We're like brothers though, I love those guys, we've been through a lot together," Luke smiled to himself, "Plus, Calum's a great wing man,"