9.5

S

My eyes wouldn't budge from my white painted ceiling. The bright moon reflected through my window onto my walls and for some reason, I felt different and bizarre.

I blinked my bright blue eyes and tried to figure out why my mood was different than normal.

I grabbed my phone from beside me and decided to text Taylor.

Me: hey Tay, Can we talk?

I set my phone down on my lap and picked at my nails stressfully. Whenever I was stressed or anxious I'd pick my nails and the skin around them, I guess you could call it a bad habit.

I was interrupted out of my thoughts when my phone vibrated.

I looked down at the screen and saw Taylor's name pop up.

Tay: yeah, what's up?

Me: I honestly don't know. I just feel like I'm missing something in my life right now. when we went to see Angel, i feel like a puzzle piece of my life fell out and now I'm missing that piece.

Tay: Maybe you're just overtired.

Me: yeah you're probably right. Have you told your parents about Angel?

Tay: yeah. My mom flipped out, she started crying and my throwing shit. She blames herself for her leaving.

Me: I hope everything gets better and I hope your sister will eventually at least talk to your mom.

She read my message, but no reply. I felt incomplete and I didn't know why. my life felt lonely and I felt as if someone was holding my happiness in their hands and all it would take for me to feel normal was to grasp my happiness through them. I couldn't understand it. I felt paranoid if others liked me and If I was even noticed by others. I needed to go for a jog.

I grabbed my headphones off my vanity and rummaged around my drawer trying to find my Nike gym shorts.

Eventually, I was dressed and ready to go. I opened my front door and was instantly met with the soft noises of the wind and the chirping of the crickets. I decided I didn't need my headphones and nature would be my inspiration to run tonight.

I started heading around the block and down one of the main roads. North Talbot was the neighborhood I lived in, it wasn't gated, but we had protection and it was a nice neighborhood. Downtown was only about a half hour walk away, and that was where my destination was.

I needed to find him, no matter how I looked or what time it was.

He was the only thing on my mind.