You Broke Her ⇝ Peter

PROMPT ▻ you broke herWORD COUNT ▻ 369

WORD COUNT ▻ 369

" I don't think you can fix it this time "

Most people took Peter Parker as a sweet and loving kind of guy. When you first started dating him, he was everything and more than that.

Things started going downhill when he revealed to you that he was Spider-Man. He missed anniversaries, missed dates, and he even managed to miss your birthday one year. You had your doubts here and there, wondering if he was out and about with someone else. There were lies that you needed to have cleared up.

Where was he when he said he needed to study with Ned? You quickly found out that he hadn't talked to Ned in a few days and that Peter hadn't taken his books with him - wherever he went.

You had invited May over to your family's apartment, one of the women you trusted with everything you had. She usually had explanations for you to calm down on, convincing yourself that it was all in your head. It wasn't healthy and you needed ignored questions answered soon. But until then, you were going to keep convincing yourself that he was just at the store or something.

She didn't know what to say to you except for an apology when you told her that he had missed your two years anniversaryーthe second time he missed an anniversary. May had just plainly held you in her arms, wondering why the hell her nephew was treating his girlfriend so badly.

"She said you broke her, Peter," May explained. Her focus was on Peter, who was standing in the middle of the kitchen floor. Tears filled his eyes, wondering why he had been so stupid and neglecting his own girlfriend. He didn't realize what he was doing until it was too late. "I don't think you can fix it this time, Peter. If you try, you better do a damn good job at it."

He quickly nodded, understanding what his aunt was saying, hoping that you would forgive him. But he knew that it would be a long time until you trusted him and loved him the way you used to. He regretted everything.