arcades and bets ▻ peter

PROMPT ▻ arcades and betsWORD COUNT▻ 1249

WORD COUNT▻ 1249

" you really thought I'd miss this? "

Prom was one of the things that you had dreams of since you were little. You had always dreamed that you would go with a prince from a distant far away land, and wear something that would make everyone wish they were you.

Unfortunately, you had no intentions of attending your last and only promーagain. The guy you hoped would ask you was nowhere to be found, even your best friend didn't know where he was; which happened to be his best friend too. Even MJ was planning to go, but she protested saying she wouldn't go without you.

"You go enjoy prom, M, I'll be fine." You explained, looking at the table that tons of people surrounded.

She shook her head, "No chance. We can go to the museum or something!" The smile on her face was one of the most genuine ones you've seen in your existence. You shrugged, thinking that maybe the museum wasn't the most ideal for missing prom.

"If you stay, we should at least see a movie and go to the arcade, museums not the place I'd really like to spend my prom night at." You hoped she'd understand, considering that she's more of a laid back person than a upbeat type.

She nodded, going back to her sketches of people around the lunchroom. "If you guys are going to the arcade on prom night, at least let me join in."

You looked to your left, and saw Ned with a hopeful smile on his face. He sat down, a little frown forming only when he noticed that Peter was still gone. It had been about a week, and you all were getting worried, even MJ. Looking over your shoulder, you saw Flash standing behind your table, doing nothing.

"Alright then, arcade prom night is planned!"

※ ※ ※

A week and a half is how long Peter's been gone now. He left without telling anyone but Ned. The last place you saw him was when he was getting into a really expensive looking car. But it didn't matter now; you were trying to focus on your night out with your friends at the arcade, not the fact that he was nowhere to be found.

You weren't worried as much as you were a few days ago, though. Something told you that he was okay and that he could protect himself if he really needed to. It was comforting, but you contemplated it, wondering if it was just your mind telling you what you wanted to hear.

The doorbell sliced through your thoughts, pushing everything related to Peter to the very back. Shutting off your stereo, you trotted down to the front door, where you thought your friends were waiting.

On the other side of the door wasn't who you thought it would be.

※ ※ ※

The arcade was practically empty, with the exception of a few children and their parents. Of course, and the occasional drunk adults waisting all their money on a mediocre stuffed animal; that they clearly weren't going to win anytime soon. You placed your car keys in your pocket, focused on where your friends were dragging you to.

Instead of hiding behind a game or something of the sorts, you followed the two into a photo booth, all squishing into the small box.

"Why is he here?" MJ spay, an unusual and annoyed tone to her voice. Bed nodded, clearly agreeing with her.

"Okay, hear me out! He literally just showed up at my house, said he overheated that we were going to the arcade and informed me that he was coming along," you put your hands up in defense. "I promise you that I told him it was just for us but he literally just got in my car."

The pair looked at each other, shrugging and then turning back to you with a smile. "It's fine, y/n. We just have to continue up with this for a little more." Ned reassured, following MJ out of the photobooth.

Once you three were out of the photobooth, things got ten times worse than you thought they were. You all had noticed that the majority of his friends were filing in the doors; how wonderful. You started walking towards him, about ready to fight.

"Okay, what the hell? I didn't want you to show up here, let alone your friends!" You yelled, voice seeming normal because of how much noise his friends brought in. "I should have totally knew it! This always happens with you, Thompson."

You turned around, facing MJ and Ned. They both were smirking, liking the firey side of y/n y/l/n. Nodding towards the door, you all started to slip away from the large crowd of teenagers. Oh, how your plan worked wonderfully. Getting a majority of Flash's friends to the arcade was just a plan to get them all away from your guys' favourite food spot, which happened to be a popular spot for Flash's friends' pre-prom dinner.

Once you all got outside without letting a single person notice, you headed towards your car; ready to be cliché and listen to songs while your windows were down.

"I'm so glad that worked!" You cheered, happy that the plan went through but not so happy that you parked so far away.

"What worked?" A voice asked, stopping you in your tracks. You hoped with all your heart that it wasn't Flash. Turning around, you were relieved it wasn't him, but it was Peter, looking like his normal self.

You held up a finger, telling him to wait a second. Bringing out your wallet, you pulled out a five-dollar bill. You handed it to MJ as both Ned and her climbed into the backseat of the car, planning to watch you two from the rear window.

"Sorry, we kind of had a bet that you got a nose job or something," you smiled, fidgeting with your fingers and the rings on them. "Anyways, where have you been? It's been over a week now."

Peter sighed, placing his hands in yours; something he always did when he had something to explain. "It sounds crazy but I was fighting criminals."

Your eyebrows tied together, not knowing what he meant, entirely. "What? Iー"

He cut you off, "if I come over to your house tonight, I'll explain it to you. Promise." Peter hopefully smiled, looking at you with his hazel eyes.

"Yeah, I'd like that. I finally get to tell you everything that happened this week." You smiled, excited that you got your best friend back. "I'm so glad you're here, Pete. I was a little afraid you'd miss out on our little plan."

"You really think I'd miss this?" He asked, stepping closer to you. Your hands detached, his now latched around your hips and yours around his torso."I wouldn't miss this for the world. I honestly couldn't go one more day without you, y/n."

He hooked a finger under your chin, staring into your y/e/c eyes. You did the same, practically feeling the electricity that you two had just by his simple touch. Your eyes traveled from his eyes to his lips, noticing every freckle and detail that he had on his face. A smile tugged on the ends of his lips,

"I missed you." He whispered, finally pressing his lips to yours in a loving kiss.