they're gonna suffer ▻ harrison

PROMPT ▻ they're gonna sufferWORD COUNT ▻ 590

WORD COUNT ▻ 590

" our child is going to suffer if we name them that. "

The names sketched on the chalkboard in the kitchen had been sitting there for months. Each one being put into consideration and then being erased from the competition. It was hard; picking out a name for your future child. Considering that you had no idea of the gender, it was a little hard to choose a name.

You and Harrison were stood in front of the board, you both had been staring at it for at least fifteen minutes. An eraser was in your hand, you both debating which name you were going to eliminate for the day.

"What about Eduardo?" You asked, crossing your arms over your chest. Haz shook his head. He liked the name, so he saved it.

"Annalise," Harrison's statement came out like a question, his eraser reaching the board and wiping the name off of it. You frowned, slightly liking the name. "Is out, no doubt."

"Then so is Geoffrey." You explained, pushing the name off the board. "It's a nice name and all but it's not perfect for the little baby that's going to be arriving in this world soon."

"Isn't that the name of that Toys'R'Us giraffe that always called you on the phone on your birthday?" Tom asked, sat at the kitchen table, staring at his laptop. You nodded, pointing to Tom. He did have a point.

"But it's a good name!" Harrison pouted, trying to put it back on the board. You stopped him, ending up getting a blue dry erase marker line on your arm. Glaring at Haz, you erased the name again.

"It's a good name, yes, but just not for this one! Maybe the second one." You explained looking at Tom's laptop screen from behind him. You expected him to be doing something extremely important, but of, course, he wasn't. He was looking at photos of Geoffrey the Giraffe.

You sighed, still looking at the (almost) completely full board. How were you going to get down to two if Haz was this stubborn?

"It's a good name. Therefore, we're going to put it back up on the board." Harrison exclaimed, writing the name in big, bold letters. It didn't bother you anymore, you were most likely going to erase it while he was sleeping.

You thought for a moment, looking over some of the names. A majority were good candidates and all, but some just didn't fit with the name 'Osterfield.' Technically, it didn't have to go with Harrison's last name, but it seemed nice to have a child with a really good name.

"If it's a boy, let's name him Luke." You looked at Harrison with pleading eyes.

He shook his head, knowing exactly where you were getting that name from. "If you're referring to Luke Hemmings, I swear-" Your smile faded away, clearly aware that Harrison did not want his kid to be named after a really good looking band member. "Our child is going to suffer if we name them that, dear."

You shook your head. "But it has a nice ring to it. Luke Thomas Osterfield."

Harrison looked to you with wide eyes, knowing that you had just exposed your huge secret. It wasn't finalized or anything, it was just a thought, but you two were debating putting your child's middle name after Tom.

"Guess who's the spoiler now?! Not me!" Tom laughed, pointing at the two of you with a big grin on his face.