Graduation Day ⇝ Peter

PROMPT ▻ graduation day   WORD COUNT ▻ 683

WORD COUNT ▻ 683

" look at you! you are stunning! "

You took a look in the mirror, admiring the way the tassel on your graduation cap fell on your shoulder once again. Four years ago, you were graduating high school from Midtown with your best friends. Now, you were graduating college with your boyfriend as your family and friends sat in the crowd.

Peter was standing outside of the bathroom, waiting for you to fix up our appearance a little bit. He insisted that you were stunningly beautiful as you were, but your mind kept pushing you to look in the mirror. And if you didn't, you would feel a sense of regret, feeling as if a little piece of your hair or your clothes were messed up.

You took a deep breath and looked at yourself one last time before you left the bathroom. Your best friend had perfectly done your hair, making your confidence boost up a hundred times more than it was before. Leaving the bathroom, you saw Peter leaning up against the brick wall, staring at all the gold star balloons that were moving in the wind. He noticed your figure in-front of the door, smiling when his eyes connected with the love of his life. "Look at you! You are stunning!"

"Ready?" He asked, holding out his hand for you to take. You nodded, gladly intertwining your fingers together and starting to walk back to the seats that were somewhat full. Unfortunately, you two weren't sat by each other. Peter brought your hand up to his lips and pressed a kiss to the back of it, earning a few awes from the girls that were sitting near where the two of you were standing.

"We did it!" You squealed, bringing your hands to the sides of his face and bringing him in for a proper kiss on the lips. He smiled into it, lightly holding onto your hips. "I'll see you when we're college graduates then, yeah?"

You never imagined anything more embarrassing than your friends cheering for you during your high school graduation, but then came college graduation. When your name got called up, Peter, your family, and your friends all screamed as loud as they could. You could hardly get up the little flight of stairs because of how hard you were laughing.

Now, you were happily stood with both Peter and your family, all exchanging congratulations and taking photos of you both with your diplomas. You and your relatives that you hadn't seen were catching up on things that had been going on in your life. Not wanting to talk about your entire life, you were extremely glad to get a chance to gush about Peter whenever you got the chance.

"He's simply amazing. Peter has supported me ever since we met and I am so thankful for that," you said, pushing a stray piece of hair behind your ear.  "I love him with all my heart."

Talking about him was the most precious thing you could do and you absolutely loved boasting about his achievements and things he's done for you to anyone that wondered about it.

"I love you with all my heart too." Looking behind you, you noticed that Peter was behind you on one knee. Your eyebrows twisted in confusion, quickly grabbing your aunt's purse and hitting him across the head with it. Maybe that wasn't too well thought out.

"Are you serious?" You asked, tears filling your eyes. Peter nodded, laughing the light pain away. Now you felt kind of bad for hitting him in the head with your aunt's purse. You covered your mouth, whispering a little apology, "I'm so sorry!" He laughed, shrugging it off. That was the least of his problems.

You nodded, kneeling down to the ground and placing a love-filled kiss on his lips. "I love you, so so much." He placed the ring on your finger, him liking the way it complimented your eyes, which he thought of as his diamonds.

"I'm so sorry for hitting you in the head."