back to you | p.p.

word count: 948prompt: "I just keep on coming back to you

word count: 948
prompt: "I just keep on coming back to you."
warnings: a little teenage angst,
and a sprinkle of sadness.

The everlasting ringing of the telephone was all too familiar to you. Ever since your closest friend-Peter Parker- had gotten his Stark Internship, he would hardly ever answer his phone, let alone be able to spend fifteen minutes with his friends.

It was something that really got on all of your nerves. One day you'll be planning one of the iconic movie nights and then the next, Peter will say something along the lines of "I have to help Mr. Stark with a project tonight, I'm sorry!" At one point in time, you and your friends considered asking Flash Thompson to hang out, before realizing you were out of their minds.

You hung up the phone and disappointedly shook your head at Ned and Michelle. MJ was opening the two boxes of fresh pizza while Ned was silently putting in the disc to Season one of 'Rick and Morty.'

"This boy literally is a loser. So, what's he doing at his prestigious Stark Internship at eleven-thirty at night?" MJ thought out loud, scanning the pizza as if one of them was the perfect slice.

"Who knows. I just know that it was a big accomplishment for Peter." You shrugged, sitting at the end of the couch, right next to Ned.

This night was the sixth time Peter had blown your guys' plans off, but of course, that wasn't going to let you three stop rewatching your favourite show. Whenever one of Peter's favourite scenes would play on the screen, your heart would feel a small pang of heartbreak.

People often stated that you were a tad overdramatic, and though that might be true, you still could sense that your friendship with Peter was crumbling slowly.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" Ned's voice brought your attention back out to the hazy television screen.

You simply gave him a warm and small smile before you spoke, "I'm good, just, you know, really into this episode."

※ ※ ※

By the time you three were finished the first season, all of your eyelids were barely able to stay open. Ned and MJ were bidding their goodbyes when a frantic knock on the door was heard.

You opened the door and there Peter Parker stood, out of the air, covered in snow and was practically frozen.

"I'm here! Movie night is a go!" Peter quickly slid his shoes off as he made a beeline for the television.

He ripped open the DVD case to reveal the second season of 'Rick and Morty.'
You stood there in plain confusion, whilst MJ and Ned managed to silently sneak out and shut the door behind them, trying not to disturb the verbal fight that was bound to happen.

"Peter," the words that you had kept up in your mind started to make their way down to your mouth. "Peter!"

His chocolate brown orbs snapped up to look at you, worry radiating off of him. In that moment, you knew that this was a make it or break it moment. You could express your feelings and straighten Peter out, or you could easily lose a friend.

"You have been missing almost every single plan that we make! And yet you have time for Liz? I know this isn't what you want to hear, Pete, but she doesn't have one ounce of kindness in her finger, let alone her whole body."  You stopped to take a breath, trying not to let the tears that were welling up behind your eyes out. "She doesn't give a shit about you, nor any of the lower classman. You have the decency to tell me that I'm the one breaking all our plans when you're the one who continues to tell me to make plans for us. You're the one that keeps leading me on, making me hope we have some sort of spark!"

At this point, Peter was staring at you in plain shock. You were known as a quiet person who rarely spoke their mind, so you calling him out on everything he's done was a complete shock.

"You're the one who always breaks up the plans. I can't deal with it anymore, Peter! I hardly even know you anymore! And yet you have th-the audacity to come to my house at one in the morning and think everything is okay! But I just keep on coming back to you, no matter how much you hurt me! At this point, I don't give an actual fuck if I lose you, it feels like I already did!"

Heart-wrenching silence filled the empty room, alongside the tears streaming down your face.

"Y/n I am so sorry," Peter spoke, his arms trying to reach out to you, almost as if he was drowning and you were the only one that could save him.

You stepped back, afraid of what would happen if you let him in.

"I'm so sorry that I couldn't see what I was doing. I should be spending more time with Liz, she's not all that bad. If you feel this way, I'm sure she feels much worse. She's not all that bad, y/n. But maybe you are."

With just his stinging words hanging in the air, he simply left your apartment, leaving you with tears staining your face.

feel free to vote, comment, and share, loves. It means a lot 💓

Wow, that was really sad. I had plans to make this one happy but then I just got really sad and put all my emotions into this one... oops? Maybe there will be a part two? Who truly knows?

-meg ♡