Didn't Mean It ⇝ Peter

(ooh gorl that gif kills me)PROMPT ▻ didn't mean itWORD COUNT ▻ 825

PROMPT ▻ didn't mean it
WORD COUNT ▻ 825

" don't do it again, please. "

Sitting with Ned in Peter's empty room was starting to get a little boring, considering you both had been there for over an hour. Peter had invited you two over to study and have dinner, and being his girlfriend and best friend, neither of you couldn't or wanted to refuse. Though, you would have never agreed if it meant waiting this long for him. You were laid on Peter's bed, while Ned kept spinning the desk chair in circles. You were both best friends and knew everything about each other, and you knew all the stories that you both had told; leaving you with nothing to talk about.

"y/n, what time is it?" Ned whined, stopping the chair. Looking down at your phone, it read six at night. Once you told Ned, you both sighed, realizing that you had been locked away in Peter's room for two hours. You couldn't leave, because then May would come into his room and wonder where Peter went, the window with no balcony being the only way out.

About to get up, you and Ned froze when the window lifted up by itself, scaring both of you half to death. Staring at the window, you watched it close, too. Exchanging a worried glance with Ned, you both noticed something red moving on the ceiling. The Spider-Man from YouTube was on the ceiling of Peter Parker's room.

In awe, you watched as he quietly made his way down from the ceiling, his feet lightly touching the floor. Once he was stable, the mask came off, revealing the familiar mop of brown hair known as your boyfriend's.

You choked on air, earning Peter's attention. His eyes went wide when he realized that you and Ned saw that he was climbing on the ceiling. "y/n, Ned, h-how long have you guys been here?" He asked, a worried tone in his voice.

"Two hours," you replied, somewhat angry with Peter. He had kept this secret from you for two years. When you noticed that he was missing things and leaving events, you knew something was up. Now, you knew that he had been Spider-Man since you had started dating. When was he going to tell you? "Why didn't you tell us?"

Peter stood there speechless, completely lost for words on how to reply to you. After all, he thought you forgot the promises you made to each other about not keeping secrets - and this one was more than a little hidden white lie. He looked between you and Ned, still in his suit. Without hesitation, he flung back his wrist, engulfing the doorknob in spiderwebs and managing to lock it in the process.

"It's complicated." That was his excuse. It was all your mind was allowed to ponder about. Your eyebrows tied together, wondering about how he could just give you that excuse.

"It's okay. I've been here for two hours, I think I can last through your complicated explanation," you replied, crossing your arms over your chest. Peter looked at Ned, wondering if he was going to stay too. He nodded, too. "No secrets my ass."

"This is the internship. It's a crazy long story, but I got bit by a weird spider during that science lab field trip we took." He shrugged, not really knowing anything else to say about his little lie. "Hell, I don't even remember the story."

Ned stood up, checking his phone. "I have to go, but I expect to try on the suit, or at least the mask when I come over again." You all bid your goodbyes and he slipped out of the door, leaving you and Peter alone.

The two of each other swapped awkward stares at each other, the corner of his mouth twisting up to reveal a little smile that you loved.

"I didn't mean for you to find out like this y/n, I promise you," Peter pressed the spider on his chest, the suit falling off and into a heap on the floor. He quickly slipped on a grey sweatshirt, sitting down next to you. "I was going to tell you during homecoming or something. I guess I'll be explaining everything to you now."

You smiled, seeing the sincerity in his eyes. You somewhat forgave him, just needing his little explanation. "So what I'm hearing is you're taking me to homecoming?"

Peter pouted, realizing he just exposed his plans. "I had this whole thing for asking you to homecoming and I just singlehandedly wrecked it."

"It's okay, Pete, you can still ask me and I'll act surprised." You joked, pressing a light kiss on his lips. He smiled, fully knowing that you bought his little trick. His homecoming proposal was now the only little secret that he was keeping from you. And his plan was simply amazing.