beauty and the beast | t.h.

word count: 725prompt: "Just because you play the part doesn't mean you have to act like him

word count: 725
prompt: "Just because you play the part doesn't mean you have to act like him."
warnings: a little angst?

(Not gender neutral)

The dreams you once had when you were little were finally coming true. Just last week, your manager had called and announced to you that you had gotten the part to play Belle in the live-action remake of 'Beauty and the Beast.'

To make it even better, your co-star was the one and only Dan Stevens. For weeks on end, you could hardly sleep; the nervous feeling was slowly creeping up on you.

Now, here you were, walking up to set with your messy hair and comfy clothes on; ready to be transformed into Belle herself. Stepping into the makeup trailer, you noticed another figure sitting in one of the other three chairs. As soon as the door to the trailer shut with a loud bang, his head snapped up swiftly, almost convincing yourself that he had just about snapped his neck. Staring into the mirror and back to you, the actor was easily recognizable.

Tom Holland. The one who was cast to play the man who was deeply in love with you but horrendously conceited and narcissistic all at wrapped into one. By the slight description, anyone could easily tell what character he was playing.

He gave you a small nod, the kind that almost every cliche popular teenage boy would. In return, you gave him a mere smile as you made your way to your chair. Of course, you just had to be the one that was sat in the middle of Tom and Dan, two people with the complete opposite personalities. The first few encounters that you've had with Tom weren't the best.

The actual meeting was during the table read when both your characters had their first conversation. Your second encounter consisted of his eyes continuously rolling his eyes and you trying to make small talk. The rest just went downhill from there.

You stared at yourself in the mirror, wondering what could be so wrong with you that the 'nicest man you could ever meet' was being so horrible to you. Were you not pretty enough? Not funny enough?

"You know, just because you play the part of an arrogant, rude man doesn't mean you have to actually be like one." You sighed, swiftly feeling relieved that you had gotten your emotions out of your system.

"Okay, just because you play the role of a pampered princess, doesn't mean you have to act like one," Tom replied, once again rolling his eyes. "Way to be judgemental on someone you hardly know.

At this point, you've had enough. You stood up, quickly apologizing to the makeup artist and walking out of the trailer. You couldn't be around Tom for another minute. How could he say that you were a pampered princess and then continue to express on how judgemental people could be? He wouldn't even acknowledge your presence, let alone your attempted conversations with him.

Not even five minutes later, you heard the door shut and fast footsteps getting louder and louder. "Listen, you're really pretty a-and you have a great personality. I'm so sorry for not listening to you or al at least trying to get to know you."

Tom sighed, his arm awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

A smile was starting to appear on your face, "It's fine."

"No, it's not. I've been a complete ass to you and it feels so wrong. I'm sorry. I-It's just that you're really cool, down to Earth, really-really pretty, and I like you a lot-"

"Holland, it's okay. Maybe if you take me out to lunch to make it up to me, I'll confirm that I return those feelings, yeah?" You asked, rising one of your eyebrows.

"Yes!" Tom cleared his throat, attempting to make his voice sound deeper than it was. "I-I mean, yeah. That sounds cool."

"Alright, I'll see you later, Thomas." You grinned.

Thinking about it for a second before you acted on it, you lightly pecked his cheek. Leaving him in a blushing and stuttering mess, thinking about how genuine and forgiving you were to give him a second chance.

feel free to vote, comment, and share, loves. It means a lot 💓

I actually liked how this turned out! AHHHH

-meg ♡