promises (part three) | peter

➟ word count: 815➟ prompt: "I will make it up to you, I promise

word count: 815
prompt: "I will make it up to you, I promise."
warnings: a little angsty

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

Making things right was the best things to do, but figuring out how to do so was 'one of the hardest things in the entire world.' At least, that's what Peter had told Ned. The two best friends were figuring out a plan for a perfect forgiveness gift, despite MJ's protests. She had insisted that Peter stop being a woos and just plainly apologize to you.

"I dunno, I feel really bad about the whole situation," Peter whined, shaking his head furious;u at the two. Looking back over his shoulder, his brown eyes connected with you, laughing along with Liz and Flash at their table. His heart slightly broke, knowing that he drove you away. "like, I feel like I should do something -- extravagant, you know!"

Ned shook his head, finally agreeing with MJ. "You should just apologize. I've known her for ten years, heck, I even introduced her to you, Peter. She loves not being the center of all attention known to man."

Peter smiled, knowing the perfect way to apologize to you.

※ ※ ※

The minute you stepped into your living room, the couch had called out your name. Your day had been pretty lowkey, you had no reason to be tired. On the other hand, staying away from Peter was the hardest thing that you had ever done in school, besides exams, at least. The non-existent breath and weight that you had seemed to hold and carry all day finally left, letting yourself relax; even if it was just for five minutes.

Unfortunately, just about five minutes had passed until your younger sister trampled into the room, all dressed in her dance outfit.  You had forgotten.
Between all of the stress with Peter and trying to figure out what to do, you managed to forget about your little sister's dance recital. Even with the tremendous amount of homework you had sitting on your plate, you brought a smile on your face; happy to attend her big event.

"Shall we go to your big dance recital, miss y/l/n?" You asked in a prestigious voice. Holding out your hand for her to hold, she gladly took it, quickly noticing that the small beautiful ring you once had on your hand, the one that you wore all the time, was gone.

Her little voice cut directly through any thought you had, now focusing on how to answer her question. "Where's your ring?"

"Uh, well," you thought for a minute, trying to simplify your answer for her as best as you could. "The ring was getting a little dirty, so I took it to a person who cleans rings, it'll be back soon."

She smiled and nodded, holding onto your hand once again. You mom/dad/parents, however, gave each other knowing looks; but still opened the door and followed the two of you out.

※ ※ ※

The little dance studio was almost completely packed by the time you had entered, gladly scoring seats in the very front. Your sister was dancing her heart away, giving the biggest smile imaginable to everyone in the room. She was on the end of her last routine, the last few steps being one of the hardest ones in her entire class, yet she still managed to ace it.

The door closed behind you, but you didn't bother looking back, it was probably just another late parent again. When the music stopped, the applause started. You watched your little sister hold her pose for no more than five seconds before breaking out in a huge grin.

The other kids around her gave her confused looks, wondering why she had broke her pose. "Peter!" She yelled, running to the back of room, where the doors were. The whole room gave audible awes, making you question everything more.

Once the name slipped through her lips, you stood up, looking at where the door had just closed moments ago. Your y/c/e locked with his, your mouth going dry. Your parents were looking at you in confusion, wondering why you were staying put.

You had told him about the recital, but you had never thought that three weeks later, he would remember about it. The smile was placed on your lips when your mom/dad nudged your arm, giving you a knowing smile.

"Peter, you came," you whispered against his skin, wrapping your arms around his neck. But before he replied, you beat him to The Office Reference. "That's what she said."

He pressed a light kiss to your temple, knowing that you forgave him. Although, he knew that he would have to take you out for frozen yogurt and actually give you a full-on apology speech. But he loved you, so much.

"I will make up all my mistakes to you. I promise."