music taste (part two) ▻ peter

PROMPT ▻ music taste (part two)WORD COUNT ▻ 713

WORD COUNT ▻ 713

" you really are oblivious, aren't you? "

"How about tacos?" Your dad questioned, hoping that one of his suggestions would be perfect for dinnerーbesides having shawarma for the fourth consecutive night in a row.

"Just because you're a superhero with a shield does not mean you can ban me from having shawarma." You reminded him, placing your backpack full of homework on the floor beside your bed.

He scoffed, "And just because you're the son/daughter of a superhero with a shield doesn't mean you can have shawarma all the time."

You shrugged, not knowing how to respond to him. "We can make dinner if you want, dad. Just let me finish my homework." He stopped in his tracks, giving you a thumbs up and a huge grin before walking out into the hallway.

The fact that Steve was completely happy about making dinner with his daughter made you happy, too. Sharon, his long-term girlfriend, was out on a mission and you could tell that he wanted to surprise her with a dinner for the three of you. You were happy as long as your dad was.

※  ※  ※

You set the last plate on the table, making it seat six people, exactly. To your protest, the rest of the avengers and your housemates went to the shawarma spot, insisting they get it if they don't get dinner at home. But, they did promise to go again later in the week, bringing you with them.

You, Steve, and Sharon were sat at one side of the table, while Tony and Pepper were sat at the other side of it. This wasn't necessarily a family dinner anymore, moreover a discussion about the creations you and T'Challa's sister, Shuri, made during your visit to Wakanda over the summer. You both extremely wanted your creations to come to the states, hoping that it would benefit everyone.

One chair was empty, Tony frowning when he realized this. "Friday, please tell Parker to get down here now, dinner's ready."

In no time was Peter downstairs. If he could, that boy could spend all day in his little laboratory that Tony had made him. Peter spent most of his time at the Tower, always going back to him and his aunt's apartment before she got suspicious. You knew everything about him, but he had no clue about you.

In fact, he had never even met you, only merely knowing you by your name. But that was because of spanish class. To summarize, he plainly didn't know you existed. You continued to stare down at your food, hoping that maybe he wouldn't notice you. Unfortunately, he did.

"I don't believe we've met before, I'm Peter Parker." You cursed under your breath, earning a little nudge on your leg from Sharon. You whispered a little sorry to her, smiling up at Peter.

"Y/n Rogers. It's nice to meet you, Peter." You shook his hand, going back to starting up a conversation with your dad, simply to get things less awkward than you felt they were.

Your conversation had ended, but before Peter could start up a conversation with you,  the phone started to ring. Stealing a quick glance, you saw that it was Shuri and T'Challa, reminding you about your inventions.

Swiftly pressing the green accept button, the two popped up in a video call. You all started to discuss your wonderful new creations and the things they did. Meanwhile, Peter kept stealing secret glances at you.

※  ※  ※

"you really are oblivious aren't you?" You asked, placing the empty dishes into the sink. Peter was sat at the counter, his laptop opened up. He furrowed his eyebrows, looking up at you. "That day, I meant that I got my music taste from Tony, and from your speakers."

His jaw dropped open, quickly shutting his laptop and standing up. "How didーWhat?"

You smiled, shaking your head. Feeling tired, you started to make your way to your room, passing Peter on the way there. You stopped, placing your hand on his shoulder.

"Maybe I can explain this all over a trip to the museum." You winked, continuing to head up to your room.

[a / n lol I put Sharon as Steve's s/o ]