signs | tom

➟ word count: 479➟ prompt: in which you hear the baby monitor after watch signs with tom➟ warnings: n/a [rosaline is your child's name lmao, and no, there is no Romeo in this]

word count: 479
prompt: in which you hear the baby monitor after watch signs with tom
warnings: n/a [rosaline is your child's name lmao, and no, there is no Romeo in this]

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

YOUR EYES FOCUSED intently on the television in front of you, eyelids quickly shutting and then opening again. Tears started to well up in your y/e/c eyes, watching as Morgan laid in Graham's arms. Merrill was inside the house, throwing hits at the extraterrestrial, Bo watching from the broken window.

The movie was a little cliché, in all honesty, but you loved it with all your heart. Ever since you had ordered it online as a dare from Harrison, it turned out to be on your top five movies to watch on movie nights. Though with a child, it got hard to find time to watch movies, so whenever you had a few hours to spare, Tom would always find you staring at nthe movie, always laying on the table.

The credits started to roll and you was happy that all your fictional characters were alive and well. Not wanting to get up from the comfy spot in Tom's arms,
you cuddled closer to him.

"Darling, it's eight. I think it's time we head up to bed, yeah?" Tom asked, his fingers combing through your hair. He knew how tiring things got when it was just you and Rosaline. Especially since Rose has just begun discovering what temper tantrums were.

Nodding, you felt Tom tuck his hands under her knees and behind your back. You didn't even acknowledge the fact that Tom had left one of the lights on, too tired to complain. After the events of the day, nothing compared to the disaster Rosaline made.

First it was the throwing of the baby food, tangled in your hair. Then it was the dangerous task of avoiding the path of Rosaline's thrown crayons and toys. Finally, the unfortunate event of letting her try peas. By the end of the day, Tom had to take care of Rosaline while you tried to get the food out of your hair and clothes. What a joy.

You felt you body drop onto the comfort of their bed, immediately curling into the blanket laying on the duvet. "Tom, just let me sleep like this for the rest of my life."

He laughed in response, adoring his wife tiredly laying on their bed. He would do anything for you and his wonderful daughter.

"You're so weird," he mumbled, picking her up once again and pulling down the duvet. As soon as he placed you down on the bed, the baby monitor went off, a high pitched noise startling the two.

You looked at Tom, who was staring at you too.

"Um, Tom?" You asked, now sitting up in the bed. "We have a portable crib in the closet, right?"

[ a : n : I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever!! I've been sick this week and I honestly couldn't find the will to write :( ily ]