_56_

"Are you sure?"

"Jesus, stop asking me that," Archie grunted.

"First of all, I am not Jesus. Second of all, fuck you," Jughead snapped.

"See? I can't even take your insults seriously anymore you're just too cute."

The two were in Archie's room watching movies, or at least it started out that way. They were laid on opposite ends of the bed, their legs meeting and intwining in the middle. Jughead loves to watch tv upside down, so he took the lower end of the bed and Archie took the high end. It was routine in the redhead's bedroom, just like the window seat positions in Jughead's.

"Archie, I have the resources and will power to saw off your dick if you call me cute one more time. I let you get away with it for a bit because I am trying to learn how to hold my tongue more, but I think it would be best for you to shut up while you can still cum."

"Noted," Archie muttered weakly.

"So I am going to ask one more time dipshit, are you sure?"

"Oh I just love the pet names we have for each other. They're so sweet and original."

"Can you be serious for one second?" Jughead groaned.

"Yes Jughead, I'm sure I want to go to college there," Archie droned as he rolled his eyes.

"Then you are an idiot."

"What's with all the insults today?

"I am mad at you!" Jughead huffed, sotting up and throwing his arms up in the air. He wasn't though. He was mad at the world and too afraid to say he was. The littlest things were setting him off lately, adding fuel to the bigger fire. He was overwhelmed and confused and so afraid.

"Because I want to go to college somewhere close by? I thought you'd be happy about it!" Archie frowned, starting to get defensive.

"The other schools offered you much more money. You are an idiot for not taking it. Also, the other schools are just plain better and I think you are using me as an excuse to stay within your comfort zone," Jughead ranted.

"Oh really? You're going to talk about college money... to a math major?"

"Well yeah! Because you are being foolish!"

"Oh I'm foolish?"

"Can you stop asking stupid questions with oh in front of them?"

"Oh so now I'm stupid?"

"You are a fucking coward!" Jughead grit between his teeth.

"Can you calm down? I don't know why you're so mad at me. I didn't even do anything!" Archie yelled back, moving closer to his boyfriend and trying to touch him.

Jughead responded by pushing his chest away roughly. "Why are you staying here? What the hell are you going to gain by staying here and studying at a second rate school to study a second rate dream?"

"I want to stay close to you, I want to be with you," Archie said softly. He was starting to get concerned. Sometimes they fought. Sometimes they yelled at each other about stupid things and rifled off some sarcastic nothings they didn't really mean, but it was rare that things got past a few insults or lasted more than a few minutes.

"Bullshit, that is bullshit!" Jughead hissed, pushing at him again. It wasn't hard enough to hurt. He'd never do anything to hurt the redhead, he'd probably give up lucky charms forever before he ever did that. His hands were just aching to do something and Archie was there. Archie was always there.