_25_

"Why are you so happy?" Fred Andrews mumbled as he walked into the kitchen that Sunday Morning. His nose was red, his voice was scratchy, and all he wanted was some rest.

"I love life!" Archie sighed happily. He was making himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich— the finest of foods— and was practically skipping around the kitchen as Wonderwall by Oasis blared on The old fashioned radio situated behind him on the dingy kitchen counter.

The kitchen was small but it was probably the most well used room in the house. The cabinets, once a glorious white, were tainted yellow with age and old food stains that the two men were too lazy to clean up. The cabinets squeaked as they were opened the slightest distance, and wobbled when they were closed. The counters were a cheap granite, bumpy and sticky with baked on food from numerous failed cooking attempts. There was a small kitchen table in the corner filled with three chairs where they choked down meals, but they seemed to be eating there less and less.

"You love life? Or your boyfriend?" Fred snorted as he made his way to the rickety cabinet, cringing as it squeaked open. He reached for a bottle of ni-quell, swiftly turning the cap and raising the bottle to his lips as if it were a bottle of orange juice.

"He's not my boyfriend!" Archie blushed, dropping the knife he was using to spread the peanut butter onto the floor with a clank!

"Oh right because you're too pussy. Forgot." Fred said after wiping his blue lips clean and placing the bottle back into the cabinet.

"You get increasingly inappropriate when you're sick so I'm going to let that slide." Archie rolled his eyes.

"Or you're just a pussy." Fred yawned before slugging himself away from the kitchen and towards the doorway.

"Yeah? Well... That's why you're sick!" Archie fired back.

"That's the best insult I've ever heard. I'm honestly so offended." Fred whined, frantically placing his hand on his chest.

"Sometimes you feel more like an annoying older brother than my dad." Archie sighed. Fred proved his son's point by flipping him off and exiting the room with a grunt. Archie rolled his eyes at the gesture and bent down to pick up his knife when the door bell rang, scaring him and causing him to drop the knife again.

"I'm not getting that." Fred grunted again as his voice faded away.

Archie mumbled incoherently under his breath before picking up the knife once again and setting it down onto the counter. He rushed to the front door, not even bothering to check who it was, swinging it open with a bored expression. When he saw who was standing in front of his house however, that expression quickly turned into a happy one.

"Hi." Archie beamed.

"Hello." Nameless replied. He sounded and looked tired. He was wearing a light blue sweater and black joggers, his gray socked feet clad in Adidas slides. His eyes were red and swollen and his hair was messy and sprawled every where but it didn't stop Archie from biting his lip and cocking his head to the side like the love-sick puppy he was as he looked him over.

"You okay? You seem tired." Archie finally asked, snapping himself out of admiring the beauty in front of him.

"I did not sleep much. May I come in?" Nameless yawned.

"Oh right!" Archie smiled before letting the boy inside and closing the door behind him. The boy walked right into the kitchen, strutting in like he lived there himself. He eyed the half-made sandwich on the counter and shook his head before opening the squeaky cabinets and pulling out the box of lucky charms that Archie kept just for him.