25

Summer's POV

"Your hair looks so amazing!" My mother exclaimed, running her hands through my hair. I chopped an inch or two off and dyed a few highlights into it. Nothing major. My mom and I spent six hours out today. My feet hurt and I might pass out any second.

"Can we go home now? I'm so tired." I complained. My mom sighed and I turned around the face her.

"Yea, let's go." she said, grabbing her purse and following me out of the salon. I haven't talked to Austin since this morning and I miss him so much. As if he heard me, he called me. I smiled and I stood outside the car as my mom got in.

"Austin! Hi. I miss you so much." The words poured out before I could stop them. He laughed.

"Hi, Summer. I miss you too. How's Miami?" he asked. I heard yelling in the back. Boys..

"It's- well it's Miami. Nothing's changed. I just spent the whole day with my mother. Three days is too long. She's going crazy. Making a ton of food, she's been up my ass the whole time, and she's been annoying the hell out of me about you."

"Summer, she just misses you, that's all. Be nice to her. Her daughter just kind of took off on her own without much warning." he defended her. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I guess."

"Can you shut the fuck up I'm trying to have a conversation here! Sorry babe. I'll talk to you later. I have rehearsals in like two minutes." he said. I frowned.

"Okay. I'll talk to you later I guess." I said.

"Yep. Bye babe."

"Bye." he hung up. I leaned back against the car and stared at my phone. I got it fixed today and got a life proof case.

"C'mon Summer." My mom said through her window. I pushed myself off the car and got into the passenger side. I stared at the blank screen, waiting for a message or call I know I won't receive at the moment.

"Are you okay?" my mom asked, starting the car and peeling out of the parking lot.

"Uh, yea. Just tired. I have to get a few things taken care of tomorrow so I won't be home much." I told her. She bit her lip and just nodded.

"What?" I asked. She shook her head and raised her eyebrows.

"Nothing." she said plainly. I rolled my eyes and chose to ignore it. This is my life now and she has to deal with it. My relationship with Austin may not have been long but it has been eventful and he means a lot to me.

The rest of the drive was plain torture. My mom didn't say another word and when we got home, she went right for the kitchen. When I offered to take her purchases from the day to her room, but she told me to just leave it.

I took my stuff upstairs and separated everything. One pile for travel, another that needs to come with me to my new apartment I will be purchasing tomorrow. I also need to get a ton of boxes and a moving truck to help me move my shit.

As I was walking through my closet, deciding whether I wanted to keep or donate certain clothes, my phone started going off. I dropped everything that was in my hands and pulled the device out of my back pocket. Austin.