Chapter four

When I woke up it was seven-fifty so I made my way back up the room Austin said he was in earlier. I knocked and he opened it.

His hair was a little damp and he was wearing dark jeans and a truk-fit black t-shirt.

"Ready?" He asked. I nodded and we all made our way to the bowling alley.

"Are you hungry?" He asked. The boys in the back all said yes. Austin rolled his eyes.

"Of course you are but I was asking Summer." He glanced over at me.

"Yea I kinda am."

"Is Applebee's okay?" I scrunched my nose and he noticed.

"That's fine." I lie.

"I just watched you make a face." He called me out.

"I'm not fussy. Really it's fine."

Why am I being so nice?

"We'll eat somewhere else." He drove past the Applebee's and I rolled my eyes.

"Is this okay?" He asked, pulling into to a pizzeria.

"I said I wasn't fussy." I got out of the car and walked inside. It smells good.

"I love pizza." I say as I browse the already made pies behind the thin glass.

"Me too." Austin said, doing the same. I decided on two plain slices and a diet coke.

"Diet?" Austin questioned, scrunching his nose. I shrugged and pulled out my bank card.

"Hell no. Nope. I'm not letting you pay." He pulled out his card and snatched mine. I snatched it back.

"Austin stop it. I just met you. You're lucky I'm being nice so don't start with me." I warn. It's true. He is lucky.

He rolled his eyes but allowed me to pay for my food. I don't need his pity. Well... is it pity?

"So where are you from?" He asked me.

"Jersey." I take a bite of my pizza and my eyes widen.

"Holy shit!" I yell and throw my pizza back onto my plate. The boys start laughing.

"It's kinda hot." Austin said, laughing.

"You don't say?" I roll my eyes and take a sip of my diet coke.

"So you're a jersey girl?" He said. I looked up at him.

"No. I hate jersey and I being called a jersey girl." I say threw my teeth. He raises his hands in defense.

"Sorry." He finishes his pizza and I'm amazed at how quickly he finished it. I start my second slice and by the time I'm half way through it I'm full.

"Ready?" Austin asks. I nod and get up. I shiver as I walk through the doors.

"You cold?" Zach asks. I nod and he takes his jacket off, handing it to me.

"Thanks but you'll freeze! I'm in a sweatshirt and I'm cold." I feel bad rejecting it but I feel bad taking it.

Wait. Why do I feel bad. Ugh Summer. Get your shit together.

He shrugged his jacket back on and Austin looks at him. It looks like he's glaring at him but I doubt he is.

Is he?

I chose to ignore it and hopped into the backseat. They looked at me weird but I shrugged. Robert got into the front and zach and Alex say on either side of me.

"So do you like bowling." Zach asks. These boys are quiet. They didn't seem so quiet when they first came into the coffee shop.

"Never been." I lie. I hate bowling. It makes no sense to me. Why do I care to knock stupid pins down. It's boring. All eyes dart to me and I feel my cheeks turning pink.

What the hell. Why am I blushing for no reason.

"You've never been bowling?!" Robert asked. I shrugged and looked down at my feet. Austin pulled into the parking.

"Great" I huffed under my breath as I looked at the packed parking lot. I slipped my phone into my back pocket and followed everyone into the alley.

"What size?" Zach asked everyone.

"6 and a half." I said.

"You have the smallest feet ever." I rolled my eyes an handed him money. He looked at me and turned around without taking the bills.

I huffed and took my shoes. Robert started filling out names into the screen.

"Summer you're up." Alex said. I got up and skimmed my eyes over the balls, finding the right size.

I picked up the ball and positioned my self. With one flick of my wrist the ball went rolling down the ally, knocking over every pin.

"What the hell?" I mumbled under my breath.

"Whoa Summer!" I turned around, still shocked.

"I- I was not expecting that. At all." I said in shock. Austin smiled.

"Neither was I. A jersey girl with bowling skills is hard to find." He winked and I glared at him.

"Stop calling me that." I groaned. He shrugged and watched as Alex took his turn, resulting in a gutter ball. I stifled a laugh and turned away.

"Finding that amusing Summer?" Alex asked.

"It seems so." I said smirking. He groaned and sat down.

"So um when is this game over?" I asked.

"I'm an hour or so. Depends. With Austin it takes forever." Zach joked.

Great.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

.

"Oh my gosh that was so fun!" I exclaimed, placing the bowling shoes on the front desk and slipping my vans back on.

I actually had fun. I got a strike every single time and Austin claimed I was cheating.

"Where to now?" Alex asked as we entered the car.

"Back to the hotel. I'm exhausted and I'm sure summer wants to go back." Austin said, driving towards the hotel.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

After we got back, I went to my room and showered. I'm drained- mentally, emotionally, and physically.