53

I grabbed Connors hand and walked him to the water. He laced his fingers with mine and I leaned my head on his shoulder as we walked. "vuoi dirmi qualcosa, vero? (You want to tell me something, don't you?)" he asked.

I nodded. "si ma non Voglio che tu sia pazzo (yes but I don't want you to be mad.)"

He kissed the side of my head. "non potrei Mai arrabbiarti con te. (i could never be mad at you.)"

I sighed. "Jason asked me to be his girlfriend... and I said yes." I heard him sigh and he stopped walking. I turned to face him waiting for his reaction. "di 'qualcosa per favore (say something please)"

He brushed my hair away from my face. "I don't like it... but I trust you. And if this is something you want then I'm all for it."

I smiled and hugged him. "Grazie."

He hugged me back and kissed my cheek. " just know if he hurts you in any way, I'm out and we are going back to Italy."

I nodded. "I understand... Stay with me, come and live at the house with us."

He shook his head. "No no I don't belong there. But I'll visit and we will talk every day okay?"

I nodded. "Absolutely."

We started walking again with Connor's arm wrapped around my shoulders. "But I don't want to hear about you and Jason fucking." he chuckled.

My jaw dropped in surprise. "Connor! What- what are you talking about?"

He rose his eyebrows. "I saw your neck Sorella."

I bit my lip and looked ahead of us awkwardly. "Oh right..."

He laughed. "Don't worry about it. He seems like a good person despite what he does for a living. He's nothing like Dante."

"I promise he isn't."

He kissed the side of my head. "I know."

We started walking back to the others when I saw someone in the parking lot. He had long silky black hair and a stubbly black beard. His eyes were hidden behind simple black sunglasses. He wore a perfectly tailored black suit and black glossy shoes. I stopped where I was and gasped. He smirked at me. Then a bus drove past him and when it was past he was gone.

I shook my head and blinked a bunch. "Stai bene? (Are you okay)" asked Connor.

"Yeah yeah." I breathed out. "I'm fine. I just thought I saw something- someone."

"Who?"

I shook my head. "It's nothing." but it wasn't. I saw the person of my nightmares. Dante Summers. But it was my imagination. It had to be he's in prison. He couldn't be here, could he?

***********************************************************************************************

Sorry for such a short chapter, but I hope you enjoy it.